Dave - Iyanden spirit army of the dead - Challenge Complete

Loopy
IC Staff

Re: Dave - Iyanden spirit army of the dead

Post by Loopy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:52 pm

These look really sweet, dude. I think the plates you chose for the white and red really work on the jet.

I think I like your Rangers the best so far, however. They look great. I think the red gems really work with the green (as they should, I guess, being complementary).

DaveB

Post by DaveB » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:52 am

Thanks Loopy. I'm really happy with the rangers, gotta admit they took me ages because I wasn't enjoying painting them. I think it's because of the greens and that's why I've taken a break from DA as I was getting sick of it. The gems I was struggling with because I wanted to try and high light it better but they are too small and fiddly for my constantly shaking hands :roll:
HH Salamanders Hobby Challenge 2016
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8655

cuzzle

Post by cuzzle » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:11 am

DaveB wrote:Thank you to 'cuzzle' over in his Eldar thread as the tips on gem painting really helped. It's going to take a lot of practice but i'm getting there.....slowly.
Glad I could help a little. It's the hardest thing for me to do and the most intimidating part of painting Eldar. I'm getting better though after doing a few hundred of them!

Your Rangers are looking great, they will provide a nice contrast with the yellow in the rest of the army.

DaveB

Post by DaveB » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:34 am

Well even though it's not quite April I made a head start on the Wraithguard and got this done yesterday. Got the symbols on the cloth and face to paint, I'm no good at this free hand stuff though so putting it off for a few days :(

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8655

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:54 am

Vibrant and skilled work, sir. Keep it coming.

DaveB

Post by DaveB » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:00 am

Thanks Loopy, kind words as always :D

Here's a photo of todays painting in progress with my new paint tidy from Hobbyzone. It's made of MDF making it sub £20 including shipping which was awesome. I've seen nicer acrylic ones an Australian company make but the costs with shipping were working out to be stupidly expensive, then came across this Polish company :)

Non hobby challenge related, was working on finishing my 3 war walkers. My girlfriend is in full swing on her Batman figures with Bane and Harlequin.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8655

DaveB

Post by DaveB » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:42 am

Still havn't got round to painting the freehand bits on Wraithguard, dreading it.
Instead I started on next months commitment as I wanted them painted to use in a up and coming game. So the Jetbikes got started on. Base colours down.
Also I finally dug out the charger for my DSLR as well. This thing takes well over a 1000 shots between charges so it had been a while since using the charger so I lost it lol.

Then today I felt like it was time to take a group shot of the progress so far. Just realised I left the Warp hunter out of this shot but I'm feeling a change to the list into total Wraithlord spam on the 3 heavy slots anyway. Can always ally in the Warp hunter in the corsair list.

From this I can see i've got 15 more Wraithguard and Prince Yriel left to buy and paint. Need to tidy up the static grass fail on my Farseer as well.

After getting these out I thought I may as well have a nice group shot with the rest of my Iyanden force. Shame I still havn't painted the last 3 Shadow spectres, The Avatar and Mugan Ra because it would all look mostly finished then

(square base randomness, this is going to be a test model before shelling out on a FW one)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8655

cuzzle

Post by cuzzle » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:48 am

Fantastic! The army looks great all together.

DaveB

Post by DaveB » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Thanks cuzzle :D

Right well i'm home from Salute 2013 now. Met up with Carl and was introduced to Jason from the Overlords. Two really nice guys.
My two purchases today, FW Betrayal book so I can put together my White Scars list, and this chap from Studio Mcvey. I thought he would make a really good Corsair Prince instead of Prince Yriel.
Here's a picture of him I found on line, mine won't look anywhere near this good once painted but I will try my best

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8655

madfjohn

Post by madfjohn » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:46 pm

wow love the pic . wunder what you will do with this fig?
40,000 points of orks
1500 space marine
1500 IG
2000 Necorons
1500 Deamons

Return to “Eldar”