Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - with added Wraithknight

Inquisitor Valeria

Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Fri May 17, 2013 9:08 am

Those are some GOOD lookin' scourges, my friend.
Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. Study the alien, the better to kill it.
HPC 2015: Chortoicetes ......... HPC 2013: Cotton Candy Kabal

Tangentical

Post by Tangentical » Sat May 18, 2013 1:36 am

Cheers, my plans for 10 are on hold for now partly as the models seem über fragile and the custom foam to fit that KR makes is pricey just for 5.

Quick scourge tip, a bit cheeky, but wings don't count for LoS (it's in the rule book) so a naughty trick is to position them so only the wings are visible over terrain - quite easy. Now this is naughty as your opponent may think they can see and shoot them and move accordingly only to find out they can't.

Wouldn't use that in friendly play or even most competitive but maybe against 'that guy'.

Tangentical

Post by Tangentical » Thu May 23, 2013 2:33 am

Tangentical

Post by Tangentical » Wed May 29, 2013 8:48 am

Hi guys,

I'm probably going to partly segway into Eldar now.

I've got well over 1750 points of Dark Eldar done and they need some allies sooo....

1) Here are some Fire Dragons I speed painted up for a small tournament I went to last weekend (literally done in a day).

2) I have the Wraithknight on pre order for my birthday on 6 June and 7 June off work...

I'm going to be going a bit corsair so they can neatly ally with my Dark Eldar without totally destroying the fluff so I see a big Forge World purchase in my future, channelling the spirit of Carl.

Cheers

Chris

Tangentical

Post by Tangentical » Thu May 30, 2013 4:25 am

Hi guys,

Just realised I never ended up posting a picture of the finished Ravager here!

Well here it is in all its Dark Lance glory...

In profile

In portrait

And stripped of its magnetised parts. You can’t see from here but the barrels are magnetised too so they can be swapped for dissy cannons if that seems like a way to go.

Cheers

Chris

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Thu May 30, 2013 9:16 am

Moar dark lances!! Hehe. I like the speared half-corpse on the back end too. No crew in the Ravager?
Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. Study the alien, the better to kill it.

Tangentical

Post by Tangentical » Thu May 30, 2013 9:40 am

Yeah, i'll get around to painting the crew but I need to think about how I want to do them and/or if I want to convert them at all or go standard.

I didn't need to do the crew to get the Ravager on the table so it's gone on the back seat for now and probably for a while once I get my hands on the wraithknight.

I'm also tossing up an idea for a competetive Tzeentch CSM/Demons list around multiple Lvl 3 Telepathy casters (Invisibility giving 2+ cover in area terrain and Tzeentch giving re-roll 1s) and the Grimoire which may take over in the second half of the year dependent on the Eldar codex.

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Fri May 31, 2013 2:12 pm

Yeah, I hear that. I have a dozen or so crewmembers/hangers on that I assembled with my first couple raiders and venom just chillin' on my shelf because I wasn't sure about them. All of my ships have pilots, and all those pilots have the same sort of 'spacey' helmet (the ones that come on the reavers normally) so they can look around while they're flying, but that's it. =P

Hornblower

Post by Hornblower » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:55 pm

Love the sail. Very nice contrast to the rest of the model. Looks outstanding!

Tangentical

Post by Tangentical » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:28 am

Hi Guys,

Can you assemble, magnetise and paint a Wraithknight in 24hours?

Yes you can!!!!!!

It was my birthday last week and my ever so understanding girl got me the new Wraithknight.

Here he is in Sprue form...

After some serious fun with magnets (I couldn’t in the end magnetise the torso as he was just to top heavy for the size magnets I had to work) I can assemble as either of the shooty loadouts with magnetised shoulder guns too. Here are the parts being undercoated (I painted the legs separate from the torso and stuck together after for ease of paint job).

Then I got to painting the big guy.. by hand! I know a lot of you guys out there think I’m mad but I like to hand dry brush rather than airbrush (though everyone who sees my models in person seems to think they’re airbrushed!). I went with an object source lighting approach to the main body of the paintjob as I think it really suits big models like this one.

To be honest I only got the Sun cannon loadout done in the 24hour period and am awaiting some basing material but here he is in some terrain and with a handy backdrop...

All this was so I could throw the big guy into a 6000 point multi player battle on Sunday at Titans Wargaming Club in Finchley... needless to say he got a lot of attention especially after taking out 6 assault marines on turn 1. Turn 3 he got targeted by all the enemy’s flier reserves and still came out with half his wounds intact!

Hope you like him, I look forward to him stomping on some Riptides soon!

Chris

Return to “Dark Eldar”