Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - with added Wraithknight

AK-Satchel
WoW character gender: Male

Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire

Post by AK-Satchel » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:51 am

That's awesome, thanks for sharing the special report. What a great way to spend the weekend!

Tangentical

Post by Tangentical » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:01 am

Okydoky, thinking about a 1500 tourney at the end of May now and the list I'm toying with has no need for a Ravager.

As such I need to re-direct this weekends painting hours towards the things I still need to paint up for my list...

Something from:

Razorwing Jetfighter
3 Eldar Jetbikes (yeah, snooze)
New Archon to be Duke Slicus
5 Wyches
4th Venom

The Venoms I have down so could crack one out in about 3-4 hours dependent on interruptions and building not included but I'd do that while watching TV.

Jetbikes should be pretty quick too as should the Wyches, probably about an hour each model, maybe hour and a half for the Jetbikes.

The Archon should take longer and need blast pistol conversion, maybe 2-3 hours.

Razor wing is the big one, I've got some nail decals on order for something I'm planning for the underside, top should be similar to the Venom scheme, maybe keeping the gold to the rear fins and more extreme speed effect from the lighter blue at the front.

We shall see, the Tourney isn't for four and a bit weeks, I reckon I can fit in the 25 hours or so painting I need in that time.... Tick tock

So my commitment for May will be this lot, the Ravager from this month is bumped for all those Hellions, the Sybrite and the amended kabalites.

Cheers

Chris

Tangentical

Post by Tangentical » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:52 pm

It seems my battle with Carl is going to get a mention in the Overlords Podcast!

Mentioned in the IC blog...

http://theindependentcharacters.com/blog/?p=2830

In other news the old Guardian Jetbikes are horrid, I'm converting them with wood elf bits to make them look like Ranger jetbikes but still, yuk, the quality is just nowhere near the Dark Eldar plastics i've been using.

Shame I plunged and bought the models a few months back when I didn't know there would be new ones in June.

Tangentical

Post by Tangentical » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:12 am

Ok,

Here’s my efforts to convert up one of the old Guardian Jetbikes which is rapidly making me want to revert to pure Dark Eldar, even the plastic feels cheap and the base is weirdly large.

A few Wood Elf bits (cloaked head and cloak from some Glade Guard I had left over from the Hellions – I have just enough cloaks for the three bikers).

The big fun from this week was of course the event at The Overlords and my Kabal got a taste of Internet stardom being mentioned by Carl in The Overlords Podcast 1hr 37mins in (It was me, honest, the guys just couldn’t remember my name!).

http://www.theoverlords.co.uk/podcast/2 ... imera.html

The whole thing is worth a listen (if you aren’t a regular listener don’t be scared off by the jingles at the start, it settles down a bit!).

Cheers

Chris

Tangentical

Post by Tangentical » Thu May 02, 2013 8:54 am

Hi,

A few bits of progress...

First off I painted the bike element of the first guardian biker (the biker model is so horrid i'm really on the fence about running them at all) and started on my Razorwing Fighter...

The Fighter is part of my May commitment and is well under way now... WIP as I'm tossing up a few embelishment ideas and I've a scenic base on order including a wounded Kreig dude for the base...

Cheers

Chris

Tangentical

Post by Tangentical » Thu May 02, 2013 11:29 pm

Hi guys

Hope youve liked this thread so far!

I've just started blogging about getting back into 40k for the 40kuk team at 40k Global.

Check it out if you have time, I'd love comments!

http://www.40kglobal.com/2013/05/02/40k ... -my-hobby/

Cheers

Chris

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Fri May 03, 2013 7:58 am

"Evil pointy-eared nymphos."

lol.

New paint is looking good! I particularly like the highlights at the front of the Eldar jetbike kinda like it's going so fast the nose is starting to heat up.
Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. Study the alien, the better to kill it.
HPC 2015: Chortoicetes ......... HPC 2013: Cotton Candy Kabal

Tangentical

Post by Tangentical » Fri May 03, 2013 8:14 am

Cheers, yeah, I couldn't resist that line!

I know the guys at 40K Global are pushing for a community/collaborative feel for the site so have a look at the other articles too and comments on the site are most welcome... in fact you'd win my eternal love and respect (yes, it is that easy!).

Onto the Razorwing base this weekend, and maybe more Eldar Jetbikes if I can stomach the riders... I also need to paint up more haywire wyches.

Chris

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Fri May 03, 2013 10:01 am

Heeyyyyyyyyyyy sexay layday!

Fighter's lookin good, man!

Tangentical

Post by Tangentical » Mon May 06, 2013 11:28 am

Hi guys!

Well i’ve finished off my May commitment of the Razorwing Jetfighter with a scenic semi-diorama base.

I’ve used a wounded Death Korps of Kreig mini and one of my cloaked Kabalite warrior conversions to set a scene.

The Kreigster is pleading for mercy while the Kablite moves in to finish him off slowly.

I magnetised the missiles which I may give another small wash as i’ve realised only the bits you can see are well painted (the bits close to the underside are a bit sloppy/needing a wash). I magnetised them more so I can keep track of when used than to swap in other missile types.

I also magnetised the main guns so I can swap in Disintegrators.

Hope you like the finished Jet!

Return to “Dark Eldar”