The Cotton Candy Kabal - Dark Kin - Challenge COMPLETE!!

cicero

Re: The Cotton Candy Kabal - Dark Kin - SEP Scourges Complet

Post by cicero » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:19 am

Very nice! That raider in particular is gorgeous. Good luck on November!
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

Matthewclever

Re: The Cotton Candy Kabal - Dark Kin - OCT Wyches Complete!

Post by Matthewclever » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:09 am

As always your work is stunning!

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:56 am

Thanks guys!! :D

I thought this raider turned out a little light on the nebula free-handing. There's actually quite a bit of "cloud" that you can't see with the amount of contrast in the pictures, but... once you are tabletop distance away from it, it doesn't stand out nearly as well as the stars. So I hit the edge highlights a little bit harder.

OH. Speaking of - I got the 'Edge' class paints from GW direct and they are SOOOO much nicer to use than the 'Dry' paints and the colors match. Like... really match, not the two-shades-and-slightly-more-blue type nonsense they called matching between this iteration of paint colors and the last.
Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. Study the alien, the better to kill it.
HPC 2015: Chortoicetes ......... HPC 2013: Cotton Candy Kabal

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:46 pm

So many truly splendid armies that I want to fight. :( I'll have to settle for spoiling at the pictures.

Skullmatrix

Post by Skullmatrix » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:18 am

Why have I just now seen this army!?! Amazing!
If you live in Japan (Kanto Plain area) or are about to, visit us on Wargamers in Japan!

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:54 am

Loopy wrote:So many truly splendid armies that I want to fight. :( I'll have to settle for spoiling at the pictures.
Gotta fight em all!!! hehe.
Skullmatrix wrote:Why have I just now seen this army!?! Amazing!
Thank you! :) It's okay if you haven't wanted to come to Comorragh and visit us. Pretty understandable, really, it's a wee bit... treacherous... hehe.
Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. Study the alien, the better to kill it.

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:33 am

So. for the last month of the challenge, I will be painting...

Lelith Hesperax and...

...the archon's personal raider.

This will replace the Reavers in the army list, as well as downgrade the missiles on my Razorwing to monoscythe missiles to make the points work. Lelith will ride with the 8 wyches and raider I painted last month - transferred from the Incubi listing, and the Archon's Personal Raider appears in the Incubi's listing for the Archon to ride in along with her trusty bodyguards.
Last edited by Inquisitor Valeria on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

cicero

Post by cicero » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:40 am

That lelith conversion is awesome, look forward to seeing your work on it! Is she going to be the bad girl herself or just a normal wych HQ?
Raider conversion is very nice as well.

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:49 am

cicero wrote:That lelith conversion is awesome, look forward to seeing your work on it! Is she going to be the bad girl herself or just a normal wych HQ?
She is going to be the bad girl herself. While wyches on their own are a nice tarpit, I would like my main wych unit to be able to actually kill things in CC. And Lelith should have no problem effecting that. ;)

cicero

Post by cicero » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:20 am

Inquisitor Valeria wrote:
cicero wrote:That lelith conversion is awesome, look forward to seeing your work on it! Is she going to be the bad girl herself or just a normal wych HQ?
She is going to be the bad girl herself. While wyches on their own are a nice tarpit, I would like my main wych unit to be able to actually kill things in CC. And Lelith should have no problem effecting that. ;)

Depending so much on what drugs you roll. I used a unit of bloodbrides with a haemonculus the other day and they rolled the extra pain token. Furious charge made them very dangerous. I would like to see more standardization in the pharmaceutical industry! Ban hypex!

Return to “Dark Eldar”