The Cotton Candy Kabal - Dark Kin - Challenge COMPLETE!!

Loopy
IC Staff

Re: The Cotton Candy Kabal - Dark Kin - AUG Display Bd Compl

Post by Loopy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:14 am

Hey! Awesome job at the con! What a well-deserved honor! Scourges are lookin good so far!

Matthewclever

Post by Matthewclever » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:53 am

Stunning army! The scourges are looking great!

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:11 pm

OMG. Just under the wire. This month's commitment was pushing it, considering ALL the other stuff that I've done in my life this September. Moved, helped two other people move, made professional advancement steps, etc, etc. Not to mention the tribulations I've had with my painting light this week. Ergo the terribad lighting in these pics. Lo siento, but I had to get them up in time.

Scourges Complete!!

Dark Lances

Blasters

Some wings

Solarite
Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. Study the alien, the better to kill it.
HPC 2015: Chortoicetes ......... HPC 2013: Cotton Candy Kabal

Inquisitor Valeria

Re: The Cotton Candy Kabal - Dark Kin - SEP Scourges Complet

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:19 pm

Aaaannnnd for next month - Wyches and an un-pictured Raider that will have photos taken in short order but isn't actually available for posing right now as it's about an hour and a half away round trip and I gotta get some sleepies.

Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. Study the alien, the better to kill it.

GrinnialVex

Post by GrinnialVex » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:03 am

That was close!

Great work as always, and these models are just cool as hell.

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:05 am

Yeah, super close. I'm tired this morning. hehe. And no doubt - the models are super awesome, I just wish they were more effective in the game. True they're more durable than a lot of DE models because a 4+ save is leaps and bounds better than a 5+ save that you never get to take - but 5 guys with T3 and 4+ just don't survive a round of shooting.

I've been putting the guys with dark lances on top of my bastion, though, manning the gun. That way if the building collapses (or they decide to jump off to contest something) they don't get hurt like my regular guys do. Seems to have been a decent combo so far. =)

Loopy wrote:Hey! Awesome job at the con! What a well-deserved honor! Scourges are lookin good so far!
Thank you for always being there, checking on my progress. ;)
Matthewclever wrote:Stunning army! The scourges are looking great!
Thanks!

Apologies to both of y'all for taking so long to reply, just been busy busy busy. hehe. Hopefully October will be a little more laid back.

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:50 pm

Aforementioned unpictured Raider, with the Scourges in the background from Sep as proof I haven't started it yet. hehe.

Also, having looked over my list, it's become apparent to me that I pretty much have a wych cult going, and I'm considering trading Reavers for Lelith and a Raider in November. Go out on an Independent Character? Seems appropriate. hehe. And I wouldn't mind having someone with my wyches that can actually kill stuff instead of just tarpit.

Matthewclever

Post by Matthewclever » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:33 pm

You should seriously consider Duke Sliscus! he lets you roll 2 di on the Combat drugs table and choose the result among a slew of other very cool abilities! They dont have a model for him but with your skills you could convert him up in no time. I made mine froman archon body and my bits bin. BTW amazing scourges!

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:57 am

Thank you! Yes... the Duke. The Duke has definitely been recommended to me before. Two rolls on the combat drugs table would definitely help a wych cult, and he gives the unit he's in 3+ on their poison weapons, right? Could put him in with the Trueborn with splinter cannons..... hmmm.

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:13 am

And here we have October!!

Ta daaaaa! Feels good to be done a few days early this month. hehe. Maybe I'll start next month early. Hmmm.

Return to “Dark Eldar”