Kabal of the Black Lotus -- Dark Eldar

RiadDai

Re: Kabal of the Black Lotus -- Dark Eldar

Post by RiadDai » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:12 pm

Finally found the time this weekend to finish my Ravager. Here's some shots of the finished Model. I'm quite happy with how this simple paint scheme came out in the long run on the skimmer. Sorry for the poor quality of some of these pics I need to get some better lighting in my workroom.

Engine:

Commanders post (without commander) The grille is brass with a nuln oil wash to make it look worn. Kinda hard to see in the photo:

Top view without crew:

Side view with crew:

Front quarter view with crew:

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:40 am

From what I can tell, this is looking pretty good! I like the pattern of white/black. It breaks the standard Dark Eldar edge-highlight-contrast-color-only mold. I also like the silver emphasis on the blade part of the keel blades. Makes them pop a little bit. I will say that I think the hull itself is in want of like... a purple accent detail to tie it more strongly to your purple crew armor, but on the whole, nice!
Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. Study the alien, the better to kill it.
HPC 2015: Chortoicetes ......... HPC 2013: Cotton Candy Kabal

RiadDai

Post by RiadDai » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:53 pm

Thanks Valeria. Its a bit hard to tell but the darker color on the hull is actually a very dark purple. I will need to take some shots of it in daylight ... my lighting situation in my work room isn't the best for photography.

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:37 am

Ahhh. Yeah I thought it might be based on that first picture in particular, but with the heavy blue tint on your pics it was hard to tell. hehe. Very nice. I dig it.

What kind of camera are you using? Good lighting is always a major plus, but it looks like you need a white-balance reset too if you've got a camera that can do that.
Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. Study the alien, the better to kill it.
HPC 2015: Chortoicetes ......... HPC 2013: Cotton Candy Kabal

RiadDai

Post by RiadDai » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:11 pm

Just using the camera on my droid DNA. There's some apps I can dl that might help. I'll keep playing with that and my lighting and see if I can get some better shots.

RiadDai

Post by RiadDai » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:46 pm

Posting this a few days late ... I have decided that I will paint my warrior squad and Lilith Hesperax this month.

Return to “Dark Eldar”