Kabal of the Black Lotus -- Dark Eldar

RiadDai

Kabal of the Black Lotus -- Dark Eldar

Post by RiadDai » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:31 pm

This is just the inspiration I need to get my replacement dark eldar force back to tabletop standards. I had about 2000 pts of Fully Painted Dark Eldar from Second Edition that were crushed in a horrible moving accident (they got placed below a much heavier box) I managed to salvage a few models but for the most part I decided to completely rebuild the army. The new models look really nice now and should be a lot of fun to paint up. I have a few models painted but no unit is complete. Most of the models are primed and a few have my main basecoat on them.

HQ:
Lelith Hesperax (175 pts) -- I currently have a fully painted old model of Lelith but I will be picking up the new fine cast for this contest

Elite:
Harlequin Troupe w/ Death Jester and Shadowseer (232 pts)

Troops:
Kabalite Warriors (140 pts) Removed
Kabalite Warriors (140 pts)
Wyches w/ Raider (255 pts)
Wyches w/ Raider (255 pts)

Fast AttacK:
Reavers (123 pts)
Scourges (140 pts)(+140 pts)

Heavy Support:
Talos Pain Engine (125 pts) Removed
Ravager (120 pts) - February Challenge
Ravager (125 pts) Added
Razorwing Jetfighter (145 pts) January Challenge - Completed

Total Points: 1850

I'm not sure which units to start with but I will be posting an overall before pic this weekend and I will decide where to start then. Thanks for the motivation and encouragement to get this project rolling.

Riad Dai
Last edited by RiadDai on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

RiadDai

Re: Kabal of the Black Lotus -- Dark Eldar

Post by RiadDai » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Here are some pics of my army, The entire army has been primed and currently I have two models which are fully painted. An old model of Lelith Hesperax - I will be purchasing the new model of her to paint for this project. It will be awesome to be able to Swap them out from time to time especially if I am going up against another DE army that has Lelith in it. I have also painted the Death Jester in my Harlequin troupe, so I will be painting up an Archon as a replacement HQ in its place in case I need to change up my armies tactics a little bit and change around some upgrades to fit a situation. I know the archon is a bit more expensive points wise, but there aren't many models I can get that are 28 points.

HQ, Elite, Troops, and Fast Attack

Transports and Heavy Support

RiadDai

Post by RiadDai » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:48 pm

I have decided to commit to painting the Razorwing this month. I have based it with a 50/50 mix of Black and Violet from Vallejo paints. I am planning to paint the edges of the wings and stabilizer fins with citadel skull white mixed with a few drops of underbelly blue from P3 paints. I think this slightly off white will pop against the extremely dark purple. I am planning to make the dark purple the main color in my army using the off-white to contrast and highlight certain parts of each of the models. I am planning to Magnetize the side guns and missiles so that I have the option to use different loadouts for the missiles and swap out the dark lances for disintigrators. Here's the Razorwing with just the Basecoat.

RiadDai

Post by RiadDai » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:25 am

Just finished the Razorwing -- very happy with the look with the white and dark purple contrast. took me a few tries to find the right mix on the white and underbelly blue. It was a bit too blue for my tastes but I got there. I haven't settled on a basing style for the army yet but I plan to do work on that soon. Here's a few shots for your perusal. I apologize if they seem blurry. I need to pick up a mini tripod for my camera so I don't have shaky hand syndrome.

World Bleeder

Post by World Bleeder » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:24 pm

The white and purple does have a nice contrast. Congrats on getting such a large model done well under the time limit.

RiadDai

Post by RiadDai » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:21 am

Thanks, I am excited to get the army completely painted in this scheme and get it to the table.

RiadDai

Post by RiadDai » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:05 pm

I have decided to make a couple of small changes to my list ... I will be removing the Talos and adding another ravager for 125 points and I will be removing one of the kabalite warriors squads and increasing the scourge squad by 140 points.

In addition I have decided to paint one of my Ravagers for the February Challenge.

Here is the Ravager with just my dark purple base coat:

thefathermapple

Post by thefathermapple » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:06 am

That white is nice and smooth for such large areas. Well done!

http://iterativewarhammer.wordpress.com - My 40K Campaign and Hobby Blog, seldom updated

RiadDai

Post by RiadDai » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:42 pm

Thanks FatherMapple. Its actually about 5 very thin coats. took a while but I think I have the technique down. going to be using this style on my raiders and ravagers too ... I am starting work on my Ravager for February ... here's my WIP.

I have some cleanup to do on the white sections but I like the way this is turning out ... I plan on doing another ravager with this style and have two raiders full of wyches to do as well ... I will likely be reversing the paint scheme for the raiders (top purple and bottom white) I am loving the way this contrast looks and I am excited to put it into practice on the infantry / crew of the ravager.

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:55 pm

Wonderful color choices. I like the splash of orange.

Return to “Dark Eldar”