Paul A - Kabal of the Caged Heart

Dionysius

Re: Paul A - Kabal of the Caged Heart

Post by Dionysius » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:42 pm

Progress for the sake of progress....

Warriors with first coat of blue for their armor, Wyches together and beastpack conversion start.

Tonight, second raider!
G3 - Paul A

pez5767

Post by pez5767 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:35 pm

Good work man... keep it going!
Orks:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3259

WIP: (Whatever I'm up to:)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1496

Dionysius

Post by Dionysius » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:33 pm

Progress from this weekend. I am pretty pleased to be done with the all the Raiders, they have significantly more pieces than I expected, though I still love the look of the model. I also love the Talos, however, I am extremely disappointed in the size of him. Perhaps I was dreaming, or just hoping, but the Talos is way smaller than I imagined from the pictures in the Codex and online. Just need to put together one more squad each of Warriors and Wyches to complete the list (though I am having thoughts one a couple of different units that look fun, I'm looking at you space clowns.....

G3 - Paul A

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:29 am

Looking good! The talos/cronos engine is one of my favorite DE models and possibly one of my favorite GW kits because of the MASSIVE amount of extra stuff they put in the box that can be put to use throughout the rest of your army. I don't think I expected it to be bigger... I remember the bits seeming a little smaller than I thought until fully assembled, but they're still at a slightly larger scale than even the 'large' stuff a haemonculus brings to the table like grotesques.

Your comment did remind me, though, that there are mini ones in the latest DE book - Path of the Incubus. The ones in the book were more like average-dog-sized in my head. So it seems they can be varied pretty widely in the fluff. hehe.
Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. Study the alien, the better to kill it.
HPC 2015: Chortoicetes ......... HPC 2013: Cotton Candy Kabal

AK-Satchel
WoW character gender: Male

Post by AK-Satchel » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:44 am

Ooo, now I want to convert a few mini pain engines!

These are looking cool - I like how you added the mechanical arms to his torso instead of the serum viles, wish I did that too.

Dionysius

Post by Dionysius » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:16 am

I still love the model, just thought it was bigger for some reason, more bulk is what I meant. I am used to marines size-wise. Still cranking away, just troops left! Then painting of course...
G3 - Paul A

Tangentical

Post by Tangentical » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:19 am

You can make your Talos feel bulkier if you add the tentacles at the back from the Cronos construction method and I even added the arm tentacles on the sides/front so it looked like its walkign on the tentacles rather than floating (which i've always considered a bit odd).

It's not huge, but at least that means you can occasionally hide it behind terrain!

Dionysius

Post by Dionysius » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:54 pm

I've played long enough to not care about modeling for advantage, though i do like the look of those tentacles. Either way I will have to push that to the back burner, need to finish up some troops first.
G3 - Paul A

falsevariablex

Post by falsevariablex » Wed May 01, 2013 5:25 pm

Great looking stuff! Not sure how I missed your thread for so long.

Dionysius

Post by Dionysius » Wed May 01, 2013 9:39 pm

Thanks Josh! Gotta get them up and running for the next campaign, I missed playing in the last one with you guys
G3 - Paul A

Return to “Dark Eldar”