Paul A - Kabal of the Caged Heart

Dionysius

Re: Paul A - Kabal of the Caged Heart

Post by Dionysius » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:25 pm

Thanks everyone!

This is my first time doing line/edge highlights and so far I am a fan, though I will say you need the right brush. I am glad to see others liking the color choices, its the Ultramarine paint scheme from the current 'How To Paint' book, had an inkling it would look respectable on D.E. (plus I wanted to paint blue since I never get the chance).

I had to rush these guys a bit so I am hoping to refine and get my highlights more crisp, as well as work on the gemstones.

Unfortunately, I still need to paint a couple models for Chaos (I can't believe it took me this long to realize how cool Blood Crushers are!) and have a business trip that will take a week away, so I am keeping my commitment small for this month. However, I really love the jetbike models so its still a win ;)
G3 - Paul A

Tangentical

Post by Tangentical » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:59 am

Good work keeping your sanity with the incubi, the finecast on mine was soooooo bad, wobbly swords and bubbles everywhere and sooooooooo much flash.

Dionysius

Post by Dionysius » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:57 pm

My incubi were so-so as far as finecast is concerned. The klaives were a bit bent, nothing hot water couldn't fix. The real problem I had was their 'backpacks,' they were so bad I actually just cut them off the model all together. The rest of the model was fine, I also have a pretty good amount of Forge World and I have picked up a few tricks working with resin over the years.
G3 - Paul A

Dionysius

Post by Dionysius » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:02 am

February completed just in time:

Improved my control on line highlighting and decided on purple cloth/tights (guess it will be Alice in Wonderland themed).
G3 - Paul A

Dionysius

Post by Dionysius » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:04 am

For March I am going to start on the troops since I keep wanting to switch out everything else in my list, figured I might as well paint up the stuff that I know will be in there no matter what.

March: 10 Warriors

G3 - Paul A

m1nd1ess

Post by m1nd1ess » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:23 am

I am really liking the blue. Those Reavers look great! The bases are neat too.

Tangentical

Post by Tangentical » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:38 pm

If you haven't built any of these yet my one bit of advice is that the leaning back legs are for the heavy weapons dudes.

I initially stuffed this up and had to pull a few apart.

They also mix pretty well with Dark Elf Black Ark Corsair bits (I've given mine cloaks)

Cheers

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:50 am

Ooooohhhhh bluuuueeee. Priittyyyy. hehe. :)
Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. Study the alien, the better to kill it.
HPC 2015: Chortoicetes ......... HPC 2013: Cotton Candy Kabal

Dionysius

Post by Dionysius » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:15 pm

Thanks guys! I too am really loving the blue, its a color I never got to paint with my previous army and I am really enjoying it. I also love a good clean color and am happy with how this technique is turning out in that aspect.

I did have some problem with the legs, aka getting the rider to fit on the bike.... I was more concerned with the flying stand and clear coat, learned the hard way no to attach the flying stand before clear coat.

Now off to Bay Area Open and no work for a couple hours!!
G3 - Paul A

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:05 pm

Yes. The blue is very unique. I like it a lot.

MORE!

Return to “Dark Eldar”