MatthewClever- Kabal of the Black Blood COMPLETE ISH

Tangentical

Re: MatthewClever- Kabal of the Black Blood (Dark Eldar)

Post by Tangentical » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:43 am

Nice base grass effect... GW I assume? I can never get those things to look right on my bases.

Matthewclever

Post by Matthewclever » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:42 am

Tangentical wrote:Nice base grass effect... GW I assume? I can never get those things to look right on my bases.
Thanks! Actually i bought some long grass at my local hobby lobby and cut it down to size. I wanted something longer than static grass but more natural than those little GW grass pieces.

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:58 am

I wouldn't hurl insults at these ladies! Great work!

Matthewclever

Post by Matthewclever » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:44 pm

March is finished! The army is really starting to come together with the addition of these wracks
DEMarch.JPG
DEMarch.JPG (99.21 KiB) Viewed 1866 times
These were the first fine cast models Ive worked with. I really enjoyed how easy they were to put together, albeit a pain to clean. They are great models and I went to blood splatter city on these boys
DEMArch2.JPG
DEMArch2.JPG (100.63 KiB) Viewed 1866 times
Next months goal is hefty as i havent painted this large of a model yet. Its my raider and crew as well as Urien. 3 Months in, 3 units painted! gotta keep the brushes moving
DEAprilbefore.JPG
DEAprilbefore.JPG (90.75 KiB) Viewed 1866 times

Tangentical

Post by Tangentical » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:00 pm

Nice Wracks, love the blood splattered robes they're wearing.

I just painted Urien last week, the fine cast was terrible and though fun to paint he was very very fiddly.

Hope yours is better and good luck!

Chris

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:41 am

Looking good as usual. I look forward to a more detailed look in the future.

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:40 am

Diggin' the bloodsplatter on the wracks. Very appropriate for them. Have you played with them much? How do you load them out/what do you use them for? I didn't see why they were in the "Elites" section when I first read through the codex, but reading the Dark Eldar novels (I'm in the middle of Path of the Incubus right now) I really want to add some to my army.
Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. Study the alien, the better to kill it.
HPC 2015: Chortoicetes ......... HPC 2013: Cotton Candy Kabal

Matthewclever

Post by Matthewclever » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:08 am

Inquisitor Valeria wrote:Diggin' the bloodsplatter on the wracks. Very appropriate for them. Have you played with them much? How do you load them out/what do you use them for? I didn't see why they were in the "Elites" section when I first read through the codex, but reading the Dark Eldar novels (I'm in the middle of Path of the Incubus right now) I really want to add some to my army.
I havent played with them yet but with this list Urien makes them troops which makes them a more survivable scoring unit. They have poison attacks and Ive maxed out the Liquifier guns as well. They start with a pain token and Urien give out d3 pain tokens at the beginning of the game to wrack/grotesque units. So they could start the game with 2 pain tokens making them an even more survivable and harder hitting scoring unit. I only wish they had combat drugs too but that would be a bit greedy. Also the models are really cool

Matthewclever

Post by Matthewclever » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:52 pm

In true IC fashion I took a little time off from my hobby progress, not because i wanted to but because life required it. Anyhow I'm back baby! For this month I have a completed Raider! This is my first vehicle ever painted and it was a fun one:
Raider.JPG
Raider.JPG (87.55 KiB) Viewed 1661 times
Front View
Raider2.JPG
Raider2.JPG (94 KiB) Viewed 1661 times
From above
Raider3.JPG
Raider3.JPG (73.48 KiB) Viewed 1661 times
The army is starting to come together and as a part of my hobby progress i converted some WFB Rat ogres in Grotesques. Ive made three and plan to make 2 more when i get a few more rat ogres. These will be my next commitment

Matthewclever

Post by Matthewclever » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:53 pm

Image of next commitment before primer
Grots.JPG
Grots.JPG (83.16 KiB) Viewed 1661 times

Return to “Dark Eldar”