MatthewClever- Kabal of the Black Blood COMPLETE ISH

Sonic Rob

Re: MatthewClever- Kabal of the Black Blood (Dark Eldar)

Post by Sonic Rob » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:19 pm

That's a really lovely color scheme on your raider, and some very nice weathering (dried blood?) to bring it together. Any shots of the whole army at once?
Bolter marines never go out of fashion. They are the little black dress of troops choices.

Matthewclever

Post by Matthewclever » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:02 pm

Sonic Rob wrote:That's a really lovely color scheme on your raider, and some very nice weathering (dried blood?) to bring it together. Any shots of the whole army at once?
Thanks Rob! I dont have any taken of the whole army, ill have to shoot some next week!

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:28 am

Oh man!! That Raider looks a-may-zing! And those grotesques are going to be awesome. Glad to see another citizen of Comorragh back in the challenge!
Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. Study the alien, the better to kill it.
HPC 2015: Chortoicetes ......... HPC 2013: Cotton Candy Kabal

Matthewclever

Post by Matthewclever » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:48 pm

September Commitment in the books folks. Here are my finished Grotesques converted from WHFB rat ogres
Grotsgroup.JPG
Grotsgroup.JPG (80.86 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
Grotesques1.jpeg
Grotesques1.jpeg (52.09 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
Grotesques2.jpeg
Grotesques2.jpeg (61.61 KiB) Viewed 1438 times

Matthewclever

Post by Matthewclever » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:53 pm

Heres another shot of good ol' ChainFingers
Grotesques3.jpeg
Grotesques3.jpeg (68.94 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
For Octobers commitment Im going to do my two characters, Urien Rakhearth and The DUKE! I converted Duke Sliscus using an archon model and some bits from my hellions and Green Stuff. To round it out ill also be painting the Chronos parasite engine. Gotta get a good final push into this challenge, I'm not sure ill get the whole army done by November but after October ill have well over 1000 points painted which is really cool.
OctoberCommit.jpeg
OctoberCommit.jpeg (54.11 KiB) Viewed 1438 times

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:42 pm

rahblarblahrhddhbblaalllllrrrrgggrrrrrr

hehe. That's how I imagine grotesques sound. Kinda. :P Yours look awesome. For the rat ogres - did you buy the whole box that comes with giant rats too? I keep looking at them and thinking they have too much fur, but yours don't. Did you shave off a bunch of fur?
Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. Study the alien, the better to kill it.

Matthewclever

Post by Matthewclever » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:19 pm

Inquisitor Valeria wrote:rahblarblahrhddhbblaalllllrrrrgggrrrrrr

hehe. That's how I imagine grotesques sound. Kinda. :P Yours look awesome. For the rat ogres - did you buy the whole box that comes with giant rats too? I keep looking at them and thinking they have too much fur, but yours don't. Did you shave off a bunch of fur?
Thanks! The Rat Ogres here are from the island of blood box set. I used them specifically because of thier lack of fur :) The other bits all came from the parasite engine kit

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:25 am

Mmm. Indeed. Island of Blood set. Would also spur my interest in starting a Skaven army just for the sake of painting them... hmmm... hehe. And yeah, I luv the parasite engine kit because of all the extra stuff it comes with. That's how all kits should be. lol.

Matthewclever

Post by Matthewclever » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:36 am

Still working on the Duke for this month but i did finish a few sweet models. Here is the master of pain himself Urien Rakkharth
Urien3.jpeg
Urien3.jpeg (89.6 KiB) Viewed 1377 times
Urien2.jpeg
Urien2.jpeg (57.85 KiB) Viewed 1377 times
Urien1.jpeg
Urien1.jpeg (87.43 KiB) Viewed 1377 times
I had a really good time painting this guy, he is tiny and has a ton of detail but he looks freakin cool.

Matthewclever

Post by Matthewclever » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:40 am

For this month is also worked on my Parasite engine! I cant wait to use this guy on the battlefield.
Parasite.jpeg
Parasite.jpeg (105.58 KiB) Viewed 1377 times
Parasite1.jpeg
Parasite1.jpeg (77.5 KiB) Viewed 1377 times
Parasite2.jpeg
Parasite2.jpeg (61.34 KiB) Viewed 1377 times
Ill be painting up the duke today and then i think i will be working on my hellions for next months commitment. Once they are done i only have a squad of wyches, a squad of warriors and a venom left unpainted in my collection!

Return to “Dark Eldar”