War Disciple - Chaos Marines (Legion of Burning Light)

War Disciple

Re: War Disciple - Chaos Marines (Legion of Burning Light)

Post by War Disciple » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:46 pm

Loopy wrote:Damn, yo. Now I want you to market MY army. LOL
Heh. Thanks! It's a great excuse to practice my increasingly rusty Photoshop and Illustrator skills.
The Imperium survives because everyone is convinced the alternative is far worse. But who knows for certain if the Emperor, entombed on his throne of gold, does not silently beg for death?

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:42 am

That poor bastard looks awesome. The color choices you made were pretty brave and paid off. I look forward to seeing more from you.

War Disciple

Post by War Disciple » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:46 am

Next up for April - Fax Trinitas

I still have a bit of pre-basecoat assembly to do. I'm debating how much I want to do with the spraybrush. It made the basecoating of the Helbrute much faster, but that basecoat is also really thick which is why I think it rubbed off in places the way it did.

Either that or the new GW paints don't stick that well to the old GW primer.
The Imperium survives because everyone is convinced the alternative is far worse. But who knows for certain if the Emperor, entombed on his throne of gold, does not silently beg for death?

War Disciple

Post by War Disciple » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:37 am

Next up for May... not one, but two units!

This time out, I'm painting up both the HQ units.

Heisen the Luminous

Bor, the Sorcerer

Heisen is pretty much out-of-the-box chaos champion for Dark Vengeance. I like the fact that he carries a mace. Guess what colour it's going to be? ;)

Bor is a modified metal mini of a Space Marine librarian. I bought him second hand, and the previous owner had already cut away most of the librarian-related detail. I just finished removing blatantly Imperial symbols. I'm using a horned skull from a Tomb Kings sprue to top the force staff, and I'm building a combi-bolter from a chopped up combi-melta (again, mutilated by the previous owner).

War Disciple

Post by War Disciple » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:43 am

Unfortunately, Fax Trinitas is not going to be done by the end of April (midnight tonight). Family obligations, long hours at work and an unexpected blessing from Father Nurgle that lasted the better part of two weeks has kept me from hobby work.

It's frustrating, because the squad is so close... just a few more days... :cry:

On the plus side, at least I know that without life's little curves I can get a squad of 10 guys painted in a month. That's good, because there's still one more squad of 10 chaos marines to go...

War Disciple

Post by War Disciple » Wed May 08, 2013 7:44 pm

Okay, so maybe a few more days longer than a few more days, but completed nonetheless.

Here's closer pix of the icon bearer and the champion. Sadly, the detail largely washed out again.

The icon bearer's left arm is magnetized so I can detach the icon pole for transport.

The champion carries a power sword and a combi-plasma gun salvaged from a second-hand Space Marine Commander.

I still need to do touch-ups here and there. Under certain light, I can see very clearly where I didn't quite get things right. On the other hand, I have a new unit ready to play!

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Thu May 09, 2013 8:37 am

This is probably my favorite of all the great CSM armies in the competition right now. I LOVE the orange and I must say you are OWNING these rubric models like a boss.

Again, I can't wait for more. I'd love to play against this army sometime.

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Thu May 09, 2013 8:41 am

Please warn me before posting the Vindicators so I can put on different, older pants.

TheSelsword

Post by TheSelsword » Thu May 09, 2013 10:20 pm

War Disciple wrote:Next up for April - Fax Trinitas

I still have a bit of pre-basecoat assembly to do. I'm debating how much I want to do with the spraybrush. It made the basecoating of the Helbrute much faster, but that basecoat is also really thick which is why I think it rubbed off in places the way it did.

Either that or the new GW paints don't stick that well to the old GW primer.
The paint rubs off from the oil in your hands while you are holding the model. Try putting some varnish on the model after base coating and that should stop.
You can also wear some rubber gloves to help out, but personally I don't like wearing them.

Also try using the spray gun in shorter more controlled bursts to keep from putting on a base coat that is too thick, but really the GW spray gun isn't the best tool in the world. A badger or iwata airbrush would do you so much better.

War Disciple

Post by War Disciple » Sat May 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Loopy wrote:Again, I can't wait for more. I'd love to play against this army sometime.
Oh yeah - there's a game that goes with this, isn't there? ;)

Sorry, I just had to repeat a comment that my nephew made. He visits for a few hours each week to paint his Dark Angels, and I don't think he's actually played a game yet. I'll have to fix that.

Seriously though, thank you for your kind words. I'd love to go up against Waaagh! Drillteef, but I should warn you that I have an absolutely terrible record against Orks. I may not be as much of a challenge as you think. :D

Return to “Chaos Space Marines & Traitor Legions”