War Disciple - Chaos Marines (Legion of Burning Light)

War Disciple

Re: War Disciple - Chaos Marines (Legion of Burning Light)

Post by War Disciple » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:06 pm

Wait, hang on... Why does this say I posted this at Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:03 am? That's not right, and definitely not the time out in Cali...
The Imperium survives because everyone is convinced the alternative is far worse. But who knows for certain if the Emperor, entombed on his throne of gold, does not silently beg for death?

TheSelsword

Post by TheSelsword » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:51 pm

Challenge was extended to dec 3rd so you are ok...

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:40 pm

Oh, sweet. You did a bang up job with it. Looking forward to more pics.

War Disciple

Post by War Disciple » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:31 pm

More shots of the Vindicator (Big Momma Cannon)...

This was the first vehicle I'd ever done. The model is in a generous light. It's hand-painted (no airbrush), despite all the pitfalls I'd read about doing a vehicle this way. There are some visible streaks and areas that are uneven if you see it in person.

The missile launcher is magnetized so it can swivel and be removed for transport. I had to build the mount up a bit with plastic tubing and green stuff, but so far it seems really solid. The dozer blade can also be removed, but since it has two long dowels that slide into the Vindicator front end, the model doesn't look that good with the blade gone.

I may add more detail in the future. I really want to put warband markings on this and everything else. That project, however, will have to wait until after Christmas.

The Imperium survives because everyone is convinced the alternative is far worse. But who knows for certain if the Emperor, entombed on his throne of gold, does not silently beg for death?

War Disciple

Post by War Disciple » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:38 pm

Also, here's the "official poster" for the October project, since I couldn't do it at the time the squad was finished.

Here's a shot of the Icon Bearer.

The bolter sits on a converted pistol arm. The left arm is magnetized and can be removed for transport. The icon comes from two Chaos Raptor "wings," a bit of plastic tube and a skull from my bitz box. If I ever do a Night Lords army, I think I will custom-make all the icons to look like this. I think they'd look really sharp in red and blue.

The Champion is ready to slice and dice...

The combi-plasma bolter is mag-locked to his leg. I'm not going to worry about the obvious physical issues of using a bolter while wearing lightning claws. The rules says the Champion can do it, so why complain? :D

War Disciple

Post by War Disciple » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:35 pm

To officially conclude the 2013 Hobby Progress Challenge, here's a shot of all the units that were actually completed regardless of whether or not they were on time.

I still have a squad of Chosen and the other Vindicator to finish. Maybe that'll be a project for January.

Here's the pile of accumulated paint pot rinds from the Challenge, peeled or scraped off my paint pots so the lids could close properly...

It's impressive how wet paint can flow into every nook and cranny in a paint pot lid.

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:34 pm

Your army is bitchin', man. Of course, I'm a huge sucker for Orange, but I don't think that diminishes the sentiment. ;)

War Disciple

Post by War Disciple » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:48 pm

Thank you very much!

I'm hoping to keep on adding to it. I have the other Vindicator and the Chosen I didn't get finished, plus 25 cultists, 6 flaming possessed marines and 5 bikes.

There's gonna be a whole lotta orange on the table when I'm done.

:D

Return to “Chaos Space Marines & Traitor Legions”