Eric Q- World Eaters Complete

Twizted86

Re: Eric Q- World Eaters

Post by Twizted86 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:18 pm

Ok I'm back it's been a crazy couple weeks, my mom and sister came to visit for my daughter's birthday so progress has been slow moving. I managed to get a couple photos of my bikes. All 6 put together and primed. I used a combination of bike and berzerker parts as well as some warp talon lighting claws for that champion. I'm still working on getting my raptors built I have 5 waiting for primer and 5 more I'm still building. I still need to order some of the games workshop World Eater Shoulder pads for my bikes and raptors though because I ran out. I also need to buy some bases for the bikers. I'll try and finish up the raptors soon and get some pics up.
Attachments
Bike Champion.jpg
Bike Champion.jpg (161.31 KiB) Viewed 2300 times
Bikes side.jpg
Bikes side.jpg (205.73 KiB) Viewed 2300 times
Bikes front.jpg
Bikes front.jpg (185.44 KiB) Viewed 2300 times

Bubo

Post by Bubo » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:42 am

Nice work on those bikers! I'm not usually a fan, but Khorning them up really works well
Nurglesque

Twizted86

Post by Twizted86 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:01 am

Thanks! Yeah, I put off buying bikes for so long because I don't really like the models, but I finally needed to start filling out my fast attack slots. Of course NOW Forge World would release some cool new bikes, even though I couldn't justify that price for 8. I do like how the berzerker weapons turned out and like how I got the lightning claws.

Pintmaster

Post by Pintmaster » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:16 pm

Man, all the cables on that walker just POP! Great work, and very good red tones!

Twizted86

Post by Twizted86 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:12 pm

Wow so this was a close one as the final hours of March close in I was able to get my Raptors primed to meet my goal. It's been a very busy month and April looks even worse. I ended up doing 10 raptors with all weapon options. So I have plasma guns, flamers, meltaguns and plasma pistols primed and ready to swap out when needed. For the Raptor champion I wanted lightning claws so decided to build him as a Warp Talon to show his transformation as he moved up the ranks.

April Commitment:
Magnetize Raptor weapon options
Base coat Raptors
Base coat Brass Scorpion body
Attachments
Raptors primed.jpg
Raptors primed.jpg (217.52 KiB) Viewed 2249 times

Twizted86

Post by Twizted86 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:37 pm

So I'm still moving forward with the army. I was able to put some base coats on my Brass Scorpion body, my Raptors and even my bikes, which is more than I hoped for. Coming around the end of my college semester and work picking up, it's getting harder to find time, but I'm still squeezing by. I was able to start magnetizing the raptors but ran out of magnets so I'm going to have to buy some more. I have a couple orders coming in soon that will help me finally nail down a good list.

May Commitment
Finish Raptors
Finish Brass Scorpion
Attachments
scorpion body based.jpg
scorpion body based.jpg (192.48 KiB) Viewed 2209 times
Raptors based.jpg
Raptors based.jpg (191.28 KiB) Viewed 2209 times
based bikes.jpg
based bikes.jpg (222.72 KiB) Viewed 2209 times

Twizted86

Post by Twizted86 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:39 pm

Wow what a month. I have to stop cutting it this close. Finally finished with my Raptors and Scorpion. 10 Raptors fully painted with magnetized special weapons. Brass Scorpion which is probably a little iffy if it counts but either way it's done. Let me know what you think.
Attachments
Raptors Final.jpg
Raptors Final.jpg (328.6 KiB) Viewed 2111 times
Brass Scorpion3.jpg
Brass Scorpion3.jpg (327.53 KiB) Viewed 2111 times
Brass Scorpion1.jpg
Brass Scorpion1.jpg (329.51 KiB) Viewed 2111 times

Twizted86

Post by Twizted86 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:44 pm

Here is one more photo of my Brass Scorpion and my May June Commitment. I currently switched my Biker Champion to be the Outrider, but I may end up splitting the squad into 2 of 4 instead of 1 unit of 8. I also picked up a second Decimator.

June Commitment
Finish building Outrider and final bike
Base bikes so they are all at the same place
Base 2nd Decimator
Attachments
Brass Scorpion2.jpg
Brass Scorpion2.jpg (320.01 KiB) Viewed 2111 times
Outrider.jpg
Outrider.jpg (217.13 KiB) Viewed 2111 times
Last Bike.jpg
Last Bike.jpg (281.59 KiB) Viewed 2111 times

Twizted86

Post by Twizted86 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:26 pm

So this month has gone a little easier for me. I have found myself with an excess of time now that I'm not worried about homework and work has died down because I've been in training the last and this week. I finished my commitment of base coating all bikes and my 2nd Decimator. I also picked up a Khorne Daemon Herald and a World Eater Rampager. The Daemon Herald will help me to field an ally detachment where a Bloodthirster just won't fit. The Rampager I converted a little. I repositioned the legs and had to redo the joints and the chain mail. I plan on using the Rampager as a Khorne Lord and he will probably replace Kharn in my hobby challenge list. I've also completed Angron's cloak (slowly making progress, still kind of scared to start on Angron himself).

I think I've finally decided to bite the bullet and begin work on making my World Eaters army, a transitioning legion. I've been toying with the idea of adding Preheresy color schemes into my force and am finally going to follow through. I already have the forge world dread and a daemon prince in the white and blue. I am going to start moving towards Leaders in the army (squad leaders and HQ in full prehersy colors with some small brass and red accents. I'm also going to incorporate it into the squads by repainting some shoulder pads and putting legion numbers and symbols throughout. Forge World's Horus Heresy book has given me a lot of ideas and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I end up with a full legion army as well.

Here are my finished commitment pictures. I will post more throughout the month to continue showing progress. As always C&C welcome and appreciated. Also let me know if you have any suggestions for incorporating legion symbolism.
Attachments
Characters WIP.jpg
Characters WIP.jpg (215.5 KiB) Viewed 2084 times
Decimator 2 WIP.jpg
Decimator 2 WIP.jpg (223.54 KiB) Viewed 2084 times
bikes WIP.jpg
bikes WIP.jpg (244.54 KiB) Viewed 2084 times

Twizted86

Post by Twizted86 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:14 pm

So this was a productive month for me. I was able to finish off my second Decimator. I tried something different with the blue symbols and kind of like it. I'm still waiting on a different head too so that will come later. I'm hoping to have pictures of my new HQ later today that is going to replace Kharn in my army list. That is also when I will set my July commitment.
Attachments
Decimator 2.jpg
Decimator 2.jpg (246.04 KiB) Viewed 2038 times
Decimators Front.jpg
Decimators Front.jpg (246.5 KiB) Viewed 2038 times
Decimators top.jpg
Decimators top.jpg (177.58 KiB) Viewed 2038 times

Return to “Chaos Space Marines & Traitor Legions”