Carl - The Exiles Host (CSM w/Demon Allies)

Irondog

Re: Carl - The Exiles Host (CSM w/Demon Allies)

Post by Irondog » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:05 am

Yeah. Because belittling a guy's painting skills is a sure-fire way to make him want to spend time with you. That wasn't exactly 'constructive criticism' you offered. And it also illustrates one of the problems with making jokes on an internet forum. Without the context of body language, inflection and tone, a joke in text form on a screen can often be misinterpreted.

A " :mrgreen: " can only accomplish so much.

As for constructive criticism, Carl. I'm not sure if you're looking to do more to the Pink Horrors, but another small highlight on the upper surfaces of the models will make them pop more than they already do. A 50/50 mix of the pink you used and Bleached Bone (or whatever the current equivalent is) applied sparingly could add some more depth to the models. Nothing too extreme, just some minor highlights along the muscles, knuckles, eyebrow ridges, etc. would look great. also, a small dot of white in the upper corner of the eyes would give a 'shiny lens' look to them as well.

Just a few thoughts if you're looking to take them to the next level. If not, no worries, they're looking good just as they are...

... of course, they're so damn bright I need to pull out my welding goggles to look at them :)

Adan
IC Staff

Post by Adan » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:07 am

jnichols wrote:Didn't mean to be out of line, just trying to have a laugh and shame Carl into painting with me at the same time. That's right Carl I have a whole KR Prestige case full of "POP!" right here with your name on it.
I totally got it. You guy know each other IRL, so I was just (I thought), adding to the humor... Sorry Irondog if I wasn't clear on that.:oops:
All of my armies and current projects.

[MOD]
Red is my "moderator voice".
[/MOD]

Irondog

Post by Irondog » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:29 am

No worries, Black Sword... But that entirely illustrates my point. It's tough to tell when a joke is a joke online, unless you know the other guy personally.

ctuttle
Site Admin

Post by ctuttle » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:56 pm

For the record I do need to add a little more highlights to them :P

Tangentical

Post by Tangentical » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:11 am

Love how bright the horrors are, they really look better for looking a bit 'unreal'.

cvtuttle
IC Staff

Post by cvtuttle » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:42 am

Flamers are done - I do most of my basing last when I paint an army:

Who says White Dwarf isnt useful? I used the flame paint tutorial in the latest episode to do these guys! I love how it turned out.

March Committment

Both Heldrakes.

List is likely going to change as new Daemon Codex just came out - I still like the idea of the flamers so I will probably still stick with them. Probably going to have to add more pink horrors!
Carl Tuttle
Host of The Independent Characters

Tangentical

Post by Tangentical » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:46 am

Oh dear, I predict a fair few charred units of Astartes before those two are put out to pasture.

Malachi

Post by Malachi » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:03 am

The flames look great Carl!

Lonestar

Post by Lonestar » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:06 am

Well Carl, flamers are now not as powerful as they were, no more AP3 for them.

There is an awesome chaos chart that you roll on every daemon shooting phase, I really like that.

Soul grinders are really nice now.

The core troop daemons have gotten cheaper, bone crushers are now T4 W3 and are cav units with a 6+ save!

Instability checks are only made in HtH, double one on the leadership and all models lost in that unit in that phase are back, but a double 6 and the whole unit is gone!
Give me quality, give me The Independent Characters!

Tangentical

Post by Tangentical » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:32 am

Wow, big changes to Daemons!

Soul Grinders are sweet and Beasts of Nurgle look amazing.

Seekers are made of paper but sooooo cheap.

You'll be rolling dice for about half an hour pre game with all the rewards and such and will need a good memory!

Exciting times and a very new army, horde daemons is going to be popular I think.

Chris

Return to “Chaos Space Marines & Traitor Legions”