Matt -(Sisters of Battle) *COMPLETE*

Ephriel

Re: Matt -(Sisters of Battle)

Post by Ephriel » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:14 am

Well, I've had a fairly empty schedule during these last weeks, so I knocked out some hobby progress!

My challenge for this week was some heavy weapons sisters. Because, Who better to rain down holy fire upon the heretics?
These'll be used mostly as retributors. my usual loadout for them is 9 rets, 1 superior, with 4 heavy bolters. Rending on those things is just brutal. Just insanely brutal.
I dug through my unpainted box, And I didn't have 4 heavy bolter ladies, So I just went with a few of each heavy weapon. Ended up 2 H Bolter, 1 storm bolter, 2 bolter, 3 h. flamer, 1 Big-ass face-melta, And Big sister superior.

Lets have a look, shall we?

Here we have them primed.

Random WIP picture I took. I wanted to explain how I did the robes. I'm just doing basecoat of purple, adding in highlights as seen here.
After this step, I wash it, drybrush the original color, then pick out the very top highlights again. It's basic, and no wet blending, But I like how it comes out. It gives the look of wet blending with a lot less effort.

Here's the group!

Superior, A bolter sister, and stormbolter sister.

Now, here is a picture that displays my brilliance. I put a flamer tank backpack on a heavy bolter sister. I didn't notice untill I was taking the picture. I figured, Fuck it, why not just leave it as is for now.

I don't want to set the world on fire...I just want to start a flame in your heart.

The only thing that stays cold around these ladies is their heart.

Ephriel

Post by Ephriel » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:47 am

Went ahead and primed up and decorated a rhino i had, that was a little damaged. Made it into the immolator.

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:42 pm

From what I can see, they look pretty good. Keep on keepin' on!

Ephriel

Post by Ephriel » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:30 am

Today is a beautiful day, Going to get some priming done!

I've got a rhino that may or may not be made an immolator, 5 sisters with banners/simulacrum imperialis, and a GW canoness about to come out of the simple green jacuuzi to be scrubbed and re-primed.

Speaking of canoness, however...

My new Counts-as Canoness came in today!!!

I saw the figure and really liked the witch-hunter feel to it, Very van helsingesque. Also, the hat was important.

I am basing the story of my order on The Band of the red hand, From the wheel of time, mixed with space-pirate, So having a hat similar to mats hat is something I wanted.

Here she is!

And her faithful pup, the order mascot! I'm really tempted to run him as Uriah, because a dog "protecting the faith" sounds hilarious.

Here are the two other figures I got in the box set. I'm not entirely sure what i'm planning on doing with them in the long run.

Ephriel

Post by Ephriel » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:10 pm

More cool stuff arrived in the mail today!

Honestly, I had no intention of buying a third exorcist, or the Forgeworld Immolator, but the guy I got the repentia from had them, and i got them at a daaaaaaaamn good price.

student teacher

Post by student teacher » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:57 pm

Where does you alternate Cannoness model come from?

pez5767

Post by pez5767 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:48 pm

Wow, you're maxing excellent progress. I wish my Sisters were moving along as quickly as yours.

Also, where the heck did you score an extra immoliator :o Since the hobby progress challenge started, I've been looking just to get a 2nd one without breaking the bank and had NO luck. I totally have model envy.

Keep that progress rolling.

:)
Orks:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3259

WIP: (Whatever I'm up to:)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1496

Ephriel

Post by Ephriel » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:56 am

@Student Teacher: http://www.ragingheroes.com/collections ... konigsmark

@Pez I've been keeping an eye on your thread as well! Your stuff is quite good- Mine may be moving along at a faster pace, but i'm not nearly as good a painter yet. The scheme your doing is great, I'd probably be doing something similar, with a little teal/ seafoam ish color thrown in, if I was starting over. :)
On the immolator, I got it from http://www.bartertown.com/trading/ I originally just wanted the repentia, but the guy had them pre-assembled, and i got a great deal on them (Like $15 a tank), So I went ahead and grabben them.

That + ebay has been the source for my entire army, actually.

Ephriel

Post by Ephriel » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:36 am

July challenge is done. Had a couple days off in a row in which to get a good amount of painting done.

Will upload lightbox photos a bit later.

Currently working on: Kit-bashing/greenstuffing an eclesiarchy priest. I dislike the GW model, and want to get something that looks more similar to a sister, But priestly at the same time, if that makes sense.

pez5767

Post by pez5767 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:17 am

Thank you for the compliment and the link to bartertown. I always forget about that resource for tracking down models I need.
Orks:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3259

WIP: (Whatever I'm up to:)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1496

Return to “Sisters of Battle”