Nugga Nugga Nugga - Death Korps army

Kevin McGill

Re: Nugga Nugga Nugga - Death Korps army

Post by Kevin McGill » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:42 pm

I love the Death Korp one of my most favorite armies I painted in the over 20 years I've been in this hobby.
Keep up the good work yours are looking great!

Nugga Nugga Nugga

Post by Nugga Nugga Nugga » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:39 am

Finally finished and handed in my massive ethics assignment last week (can you believe a work colleague refused to do it on my behalf?) and I got some time over the last few nights to finish my January commitment.

I'd love to hear any feedback.

I've got the month of February off study so I'm setting myself the ambitious goal of painting the troops of 2nd Platoon who are base coated and featured in an earlier post. Hopefully the prospect of painting 30 almost identical guys won't break my spirit again as it has in the past.

I've also got it in my head that I would like each platoon command squad, including for the Heavy Weapon Platoon, to be in different poses. Sadly as awesome as the Death Korps minis are, they're pretty limited in variety so I've already started converting so here's a little teaser:

Thanks for looking.
Death Korps Army project: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4629

Atomic42

Post by Atomic42 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:25 am

The mortar team look great. Nice dynamic poses and great colours.

I know exactly what you mean about the lack of variety in the Krieg poses within each kit so I got all my Krieg bits together and did a massive amount of bit swapping (arms in particular). Like the look of he conversions you've started. I think either my painting thread or hobby progress thread has some of my conversions pics. The heavy stubber guys make great sniper rifle conversions, pretty sure I've posted them at least.

FertileSpade

Post by FertileSpade » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:18 am

looking awesome! i've always thought the Krieg troopers were the coolest IG models. the gas masks and trench coats give them that WWI look.
Infantry Mission: Close with and destroy the enemy

"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one." - Archilochus

Brad Wylie

Nugga Nugga Nugga

Post by Nugga Nugga Nugga » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:43 pm

Atomic42 wrote:The mortar team look great. Nice dynamic poses and great colours.

I know exactly what you mean about the lack of variety in the Krieg poses within each kit so I got all my Krieg bits together and did a massive amount of bit swapping (arms in particular). Like the look of he conversions you've started. I think either my painting thread or hobby progress thread has some of my conversions pics. The heavy stubber guys make great sniper rifle conversions, pretty sure I've posted them at least.
Thanks mate, I have to admit that I did stalk through your painting thread and was very impressed with those sniper conversions. Arm swaps are the way to go, that watchmaster in the stand at ease squad is a great source for a couple of unique poses.

Nugga Nugga Nugga

Post by Nugga Nugga Nugga » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:55 pm

FertileSpade wrote:looking awesome! i've always thought the Krieg troopers were the coolest IG models. the gas masks and trench coats give them that WWI look.
Thanks!

The DKOK models are so dynamic they're what got me into the hobby. I was procrastinating at work one day and found some hoots of them and was blown away.

I've thought a couple of times that GW does themselves a disservice for not selling conversion kits for IG regiments other than Cadian or Catachan, it wouldn't be too hard for them to stock a box containing head and arm swaps that combine with the existing Cadian kits to make say Mordian Iron Guard. Anyway, they're the largest hobby company in the world so they must know what they're doing.

Nugga Nugga Nugga

Post by Nugga Nugga Nugga » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:16 am

MARCH COMMITMENT:

4 Heavy Weapons teams.

Here's two squads of Lascannons in the top two rows with a squad of Heavy Bolters on the bottom row

Here's a squad of Autocannons in the cleaning process:

I'm still putting the finishing touches on my February commitment and should finish those Thursday night but just thought I'd get the jump on my March commitment. As you can see nothing is assembled, the Heavy Bolters are washed, the autocannons are being washed and once the Autocannons are drying I'll begin rotating the Lascannons through cleaning... could be a bit of a rush around work, study and life commitments.

Nugga Nugga Nugga

Post by Nugga Nugga Nugga » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:15 am

February Commitment COMPLETED

Infantry platoon of 30 guys.

Apologies for the crappy photos, I decided to try and use the iPad that was sitting next to me and safe to say the photos aren't terribly impressive... the guys are much more striking in person!

blockade23

Post by blockade23 » Wed May 08, 2013 7:29 pm

I use the Ipad also for pics, does an okay job of it, but colors don't pop as much! What do you use to clean the FW stuff with? I generally just use soap and water, but you appear to have a system...
HPC-2016

Wisdom Hunters Warband & Renegades!
4th Arcadian IG
Crimson Consuls SM
Deathwatch Haltmoat Force Quartus

Record 2017 - 11/8/2
Acquired 2017:11 Painted: 108
Last Acquired: Cultists
Last Painted: Skeletons
WIP: Scenery (I Have a problem(?)

Nugga Nugga Nugga

Post by Nugga Nugga Nugga » Sat May 18, 2013 8:53 pm

Hey blockade23, sorry for my tardy reply. Since my last post I've been far busier in my non-hobby life than normal so sadly my progress has stagnated for the moment.

My process for model cleaning is to soak them at least overnight in Dettol and water (Dettol being an Australian hospital grade disinfectant). I then scrub each piece thoroughly with an electric toothbrush whilst they're still submerged in the Dettol and once I've gone through each piece in the model I wash them under luke warm water before leaving them to dry overnight on some paper towel.

I've had to get a bit of a production line going so once a container is emptied and the pieces rinsed, a new model goes in for soaking.

Return to “Imperial Guard”