Hello from NH

Say hello and tell us where you are from. You can also find the rules of The IC Forums here.
s5ashadow

Hello from NH

Post by s5ashadow » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:15 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm Brandon, recently got into 30k and 40k from a buddy of mine who has been a fanatic of it since 4th edition. Started buying the HH audio novels (I drive a lot for work) and have really gotten into the fluff. Was turned onto the podcast from the same friend, and have been able to go back and listen to a lot of past episodes.

Really liking the show of force episodes and the forbidden lore. Recently started collecting and painting two separate armies. So far I've finished painting a GK Paladin squad, and currently starting work on a special Salamanders......I guess the term unit would work here for now, as I'm not sure exactly how big I would want to make them. The Salamanders unit is based on a very specific piece of fluff that really intrigued me. I'll be posting some questions in the correct area of the forum on this to get some advice on painting, as the specific effect I am looking for instance currently eluding me. Once I get the color pallet down, I would like to try to get in on the HPC next time round.

Been into mostly military models my entire life and am a perfectionist. Also, have a 1/350th scale Enterprise-a I'll work on at some point, but in the interum, this hobby gives me the experience needed for such a model, and is definitely addictive. Only using brushes for now, have to get a compressor for my airbrush before I can start using it. Sorry for the long winded post, but hope to talk to you soon.

Thanks,
Brandon

Grots Life

Re: Hello from NH

Post by Grots Life » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:37 pm

Welcome to the community. It's never too late to switch to Orks.

s5ashadow

Post by s5ashadow » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:12 pm

I actually have a buddy im introducing to the hobby and trying to get into orks. He fits that army perfectly

Grots Life

Post by Grots Life » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:15 am

Good man. Tell him the average Ork army is about 50,000 points. Most of those are boyz.

Return to “Roll Call & Forum Rules”