Howdy from Poteau, OK

Say hello and tell us where you are from. You can also find the rules of The IC Forums here.
aHarshDM
WoW character race: Blood Elf
WoW character class: Warlock
WoW character gender: Male
WoW character level: 42

Howdy from Poteau, OK

Post by aHarshDM » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:01 am

Hey all,

My name's Joe, I'm 31 years old and hail from the lush rolling hills of Oklahoma. (Yes, we have those here.)
Until about three weeks ago, I hadn't touched a model since middle school. For the past couple of years, I've been searching for a hobby that I could pursue at my own pace in the comfort of my own home while also giving me an excuse to get out of same. I stared poking my nose back into 40K a bit, but I really didn't remember much other than that it was expensive. One night, after consorting with my good buddy Mr. Jameson, I pulled the trigger on ordering the Dark Vengeance box set and I've been elbow deep since then.

The scene here is fairly non-existent, but I'm working with my FLGS to turn that around, they have one dedicated table and the owner's daemons have clashed with my dangels a few times now.

The ICs Podcast has done much to turn me on the community aspect of the game and I've been burning through the back log while patiently awaiting each new episode with bated breath. I'd like to give a big thank you to the hosts for continuing to put out a great quality show and highlighting the culture of "garagehammer". Before the year is out, I hope to make room in my own garage for a full size table, humidor, and liquor cabinet.

Happy wargaming, y'all. Lest ye be heretic or xeno, in which case, in the name of the Emperor may you burn. :)

Return to “Roll Call & Forum Rules”