Rouge Trader: Winds of Fate

A sub-forum for all Play by Post RPG Games. Feel free to start your games here!

Moderator: Adan

ElectricPaladin

Re: Rouge Trader: Winds of Fate

Post by ElectricPaladin » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:02 pm

My vague idea is for a Imperial Fists chapter serf who did something heroic. His Writ of Trade and starship are both gifts from the chapter he once served (I understand that chapters don't issue Writs of Trade, but there's no reason that a chapter - especially one with such an illustrious history - couldn't have some sway with the organs of the Imperium that do). I like the idea of playing a mortal with a kind of Space Marine-ish outlook on life. He's used to dealing with people of enormous stature, honor, and integrity. He grew up in a society with a great deal more freedom and better access to things like medical care and education than most of the Imperium... but at the same time, he was raised with a Space Marine's attitude that the Imperium demands protection and service.

I think all these attitudes could create a lot of interesting tension. I really like a guy like this ending up with the aforementioned Ork Mercenary. On the one hand, he knows that he could use the help, and as a Rogue Trader he's allowed to do things like that, but as someone born among Space Marines he's not exactly happy about it...

Also, I like the idea of playing what is basically the rise of a new merchant house. Conflict with the old houses could be a lot of fun.

My only question is, is this cool, or is the character too Unique And Beautiful Snowflake?

Teddyrj

Re: Rouge Trader: Winds of Fate

Post by Teddyrj » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:18 pm

That's amazing I'm really likening what I can do with that its good to see that you've put a lot of thought into your alter-ego, there's a lot of room for back story lead stuff in there. If I may make a suggestion, why not have the heroic acted as something like saving a important noble thought some risky self sacrificing act, the noble could then turn over some part of his estates to give your rough trade his need wealth. Can't wait to get started, now what did I do with my ideas book

Return to “Play by Post Games”