Re: Raging Heroes

Post by cvtuttle » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:38 am

Would make an awesome Inquisitor!
Carl Tuttle
Host of The Independent Characters

Sonic Rob

Post by Sonic Rob » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:42 am

Supposedly that's just a leader for a Troops unit - Sister Superior style. If the Toughest Girls lineup was any indication, there should be a lot of really detailed character models as well. [carl] I'm pretty excited! [/carl]

I guess my only fear would be if the sisters got spore-podded out of 40k - GW doesn't seem to like getting beaten to putting out models for their own units.
Bolter marines never go out of fashion. They are the little black dress of troops choices.

Sir_Servo

Post by Sir_Servo » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:18 am

cvtuttle wrote:Would make an awesome Inquisitor!
You aren't just whistling dixie... I hope the model is 1/2 as good as the concept art... that sword is to die for... sorry couldn't help myself :D

-Servo

cicero

Post by cicero » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:07 am

I will kick start the shit out of this.
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

CrayolaSmoker

Post by CrayolaSmoker » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:58 am

Have they delivered on the first Kickstarter yet? I'm all for crowd-funding, but it always concerns me when unproven gaming companies jump into new projects before delivering on the previous ones. Particularly when they're in the exact same space. That sketch looks fantastic, and I wish them nothing but the best, but consider me a skeptic at the moment.

Even then, established companies make me nervous. Mantic - always delivers and in a timely fashion. Cool Mini is hit or miss. They did well with the Zombicides, but we're still getting delay notifications on Relic Knights... Nothing like paying $300+ 18+ months in advance for a game that still has no concrete release date!

I do hope Raging Heroes makes those models a reality, though. It'll fill a niche SoB players have been wanting updated for years now.
Last edited by CrayolaSmoker on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adan
IC Staff

Post by Adan » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:50 am

CrayolaSmoker wrote:Have they delivered on the first Kickstarter yet? I'm all for crowd-funding, but it always concerns me when unproven gaming companies jump into new projects before delivering on the previous ones. Particularly when they're in the exact same space. That sketch looks fantastic, and I with them nothing but the best, but consider me a skeptic at the moment.

Even then, established companies make me nervous. Mantic - always delivers and in a timely fashion. Cool Mini is hit or miss. They did well with the Zombicides, but we're still getting delay notifications on Relic Knights... Nothing like paying $300+ 18+ months in advance for a game that still has no concrete release date!

I do hope Raging Heroes makes those models a reality, though. It'll fill a niche SoB players have been wanting updated for years now.
I agree with this sentiment. I would like to point out that Mantic, while on time, is unfortunately known for leaving things out of the packages they deliver. So on-time but incomplete is worse than complete but just a little late (which seems to be where cool-mini-or-not sits most often).
All of my armies and current projects.

[MOD]
Red is my "moderator voice".
[/MOD]

Sonic Rob

Post by Sonic Rob » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:20 pm

CrayolaSmoker wrote:Have they delivered on the first Kickstarter yet? I'm all for crowd-funding, but it always concerns me when unproven gaming companies jump into new projects before delivering on the previous ones. Particularly when they're in the exact same space. That sketch looks fantastic, and I with them nothing but the best, but consider me a skeptic at the moment.
The Toughest Girls Kickstarter was scheduled to be delivered in March of this year. That's already been pushed by at least a month - once in order to make changes of proportion and again last week to rework the ball-joints for posing multi-part models. So far they've stated they won't begin funding for another project until the first one is released - all they have shown of Sisters is a single sketch to gauge interest. The TGG project was hyped on the web for the best part of 2013 before the KS started, which might help account for the success of the promotion.

Raging Heroes isn't 100% unproven, as they do have a moderate line of models that they already sell, but it seems this project is stretching their capabilities in pretty much every way - designing castable models in extreme poses, multi-part models, the variety of sculpts. The most positive interpretation is that there are some hiccups but they'll be able to take those lessons to subsequent projects. The worst interpretation would be that they are showing they don't have the chops for a project this big.
Bolter marines never go out of fashion. They are the little black dress of troops choices.

Return to “Other Games”