Raging Heroes

Discussion of games other than WH40k
XM10ADefiant

Raging Heroes

Post by XM10ADefiant » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:16 pm

Some of you might have seen the models that this company puts out. But for those that do not know...

Raging Heroes is a mini company that crafts female miniatures to represent a variety of different Fantasy and Sci Fi Heroes and units. The scaling is spot of for 40k or Fantasy and the detail and craftsmanship is quite good. My wife has used their Blood Vestrals as Dark Eldar Wyches and they are stunning on the battlefield.

I bring this up because they are about to begin a Kickstarter they have called "The Toughest Girls in the Galaxy". http://www.ragingheroes.com/pages/kickstarter-news

This series has my interest as Guard Allies to my Sisters and my Tau. I wanted to share with you folks in case you have not heard of this, and a selfish note to myself as I want this to succeed so I can get my models. ;)

[MOD]
Moved to "Other Games".

[/MOD]
The Order of the Amaranthine Blade
2014 Hobby Progress Challenge COMLETED

Adeptus Arbites Urban Suppression Task Force
Ongoing Hobby Progress Challenge 2015

I could really go for some pie about now.

Sonic Rob

Re: Raging Heroes

Post by Sonic Rob » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:56 am

It's well past funded with over 30 days to go, so good on 'em for that. They haven't unveiled a lot that would stand in for Sisters of Battle; the Kurganova Heavies might work. Although that Kickstarter exclusive mini would make an interesting Celestine; $95, though, ouch.
Bolter marines never go out of fashion. They are the little black dress of troops choices.

Adan
IC Staff

Post by Adan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:47 pm

They funded like in 2 hours or something crazy... I just wish the models were closer to the female soldiers in Aliens and Avatar (and the real military), rather than Vicky's Secret refugees. I always feel slightly creepy using models like that. Perhaps because I'm a bit older...
All of my armies and current projects.

[MOD]
Red is my "moderator voice".
[/MOD]

XM10ADefiant

Post by XM10ADefiant » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:56 pm

The Jailbird Division is not as well clothed as the Kurganovas or the Iron Empire. However thats kind of their fluff. They are supposed to be under resourced, expendable penal conscripts. So they would be wearing tattered clothes that probably reveal a bit more than the better equipped armies.

I dont think I would feel creepy. Especially in comparison to some Dark Eldar and Elves armies I as at Adepticon this year...
The Order of the Amaranthine Blade
2014 Hobby Progress Challenge COMLETED

Adeptus Arbites Urban Suppression Task Force
Ongoing Hobby Progress Challenge 2015

I could really go for some pie about now.

killic

Post by killic » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:29 pm

just got in on their kickstarter. wish i had a few hundred to drop on a female IG list.

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:59 pm

My buddy is a Sisters of Battle player. He's into it with these people for almost $300.

This is money well-spent, in my opinion.

Adan
IC Staff

Post by Adan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:10 pm

IF they deliver... You never know, and I'm not convinced they will be able to handle the success. I'm only in for a single model. Again, a bit too trashy for me.

[MOD]
[/MOD]

killic

Post by killic » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:03 am

Ya I have my concerns so I'm only in for 1 model. I've liked their other stuff, It's just always been a bit too much.

Sonic Rob

Post by Sonic Rob » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:33 pm

Raging Heroes have started to release concept art for the Not Sisters army they'll be kickstarting soon, either just before or after their Dark Elfish army. This seems promising as a beginning - if you want your SoB to look like SoB and not World War I techno-Germans or scantily-clad lady Rambos it might be worth waiting.

Bolter marines never go out of fashion. They are the little black dress of troops choices.

Adan
IC Staff

Post by Adan » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:15 pm

Ok, NOW we're talking.

[MOD]
[/MOD]

Return to “Other Games”