Interesting Data

Rules, Information, and participant threads for the 2012 Hobby Progress Challenge. This Forum is now locked as the 2013 challenge has started.
Billyjoeray

Re: Interesting Data

Post by Billyjoeray » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:29 pm

Alfndrate wrote:I think the next step is to test those numbers against counts as armies (like preheresy TS counts as GK, etc...)
Yeah, I did a breakdown based completely from a rules perspective because theoretically these are supposed to be armies that people are building for adepticon, so thiis could be an indicator as to what people may be bringing, or how many armies we might see next year. However in reality, I think there are plenty of people who are taking part in the challenge but probably are not going to adepticon (like myself for example).
-Ian
-------------------------------------
Warlord Gutrippa's WAAAAAAGH! - Orks

Alfndrate

Post by Alfndrate » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:00 pm

I did the same thing with the codices too... Like when I saw something that was using the BA codex, it went in as BA... it would be interesting to see when everything is all said and done, and Adepticon is a week away, to see what the breakdown within the codices is between Codex army, and counts as armies.

Also the who isn't actually going to adepticon one would be nice too. Considering I'm in that same boat.
Leaving the boards for a few days to cool off...

MikeInfinitum

Interesting Data

Post by MikeInfinitum » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:52 pm

Interestingly there seems to be a correlation between the popularity of the army and how recent the codex/models are.
**Check out my comics podcast Give Me Comics or Give Me Death! on iTunes or go to givemecomicsorgivemedeath.blogspot.com**

ash1986

Post by ash1986 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:37 pm

Some very nice stats. I think Im the only person to do Raven Guard for hobby challenge. (sorry If Im wrong)

I do hope everyone manages to finish. Especially me :) Ive got very hyped on the knowledge that I will be able to play this army and it will be my best looking army yet.

If we do have a high percentage finish, does anyone think something big should follow? Like a big charity game between the new hobby challenge armies?

Put that thought in the air :)
Please Visit My Blog: http://40kash1986.blogspot.com/
Comment, subscribe.

fonkin

Post by fonkin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:24 pm

The next step would be to break the armies down into model count!
"Why are the Eldar a dying race? Because I've been playing them for so long."

npeircemit

Post by npeircemit » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:27 pm

I like the idea of breaking it down by model count, I bet there are a lot of low model count armies, especially with all the gray knight armies. I certainly am not going to do that though

Billyjoeray

Post by Billyjoeray » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:29 pm

fonkin wrote:The next step would be to break the armies down into model count!
no.
-Ian

Alfndrate

Post by Alfndrate » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:27 pm

Our data is now out of date as there is now a sisters of battle player lol
Leaving the boards for a few days to cool off...

Billyjoeray

Post by Billyjoeray » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:25 am

Yeah..... oh well. Someone saw the spread and was like SCREW IT IM GONNA MESS UP THEIR DATA. :lol: As people join/drop out it will become more and more out of date and inaccurate. This is just a snapshot of the contest just before it started. Maybe I will update it later at some arbitrary milestone or something just to see how much it changed or if at all. I was just interested to see how many people still played MEQ as opposed to a Xenos army and what proportion of the MEQ was grey knights because it seemed like EVERYONE was playing them, but the data didn't actually show that many GK armies. Still a lot though.
-Ian

Billyjoeray

Post by Billyjoeray » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:27 am

ash1986 wrote: If we do have a high percentage finish, does anyone think something big should follow? Like a big charity game between the new hobby challenge armies?
I think this is a really cool idea. I'd most likely be willing to host some kind of Charity Tourney at Endgame or somewhere in the Bay Area the end of the contest. We'll have to see what life looks like come march though, that's quite a while away. :D
-Ian

Return to “The ICs 2012 Hobby Progress Challenge - Closed”