The Question Thread

Rules, Information, and participant threads for the 2012 Hobby Progress Challenge. This Forum is now locked as the 2013 challenge has started.
User avatar
Inquisitor Moloko
IC Staff
Posts: 1585
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Newport News, VA
Contact:

The Question Thread

Post by Inquisitor Moloko » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:12 pm

Thank you Seregon! That is absolutely correct.
Geoff Hummel
Co-Host of The Independent Characters (Retired)

ServvsUmbrarum
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:31 am

Re: The Question Thread

Post by ServvsUmbrarum » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:20 am

Seregon wrote:
ServvsUmbrarum wrote:But I'm currently building a blood angel army. Am I permitted to use my list change in October to 'switch' to Necrons?
I believe the answer to this is yes, but you would have to start from scratch. Any monthly goals already completed would still count towards the drawing, but you'd have only about half a year to finish the new 2250 points required for the ultimate goal.
Thanks for the information, I hate to keep stacking questions (I'm really trying not to 'game' any of this and mainly using it to motivate me to build armies) so I'm going to just start from scratch if that is okay? I didn't make my October commitment (real life) and don't have any 'prize points' yet so I figured I'd just make a new post for the Necrons and remove my post for my Blood Angels. Is this okay?

That way I can get started as soon as I get the Necron Codex :)

User avatar
Seregon
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:37 am
Location: Sweden

Re: The Question Thread

Post by Seregon » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:42 pm

ServvsUmbrarum wrote:Thanks for the information, I hate to keep stacking questions (I'm really trying not to 'game' any of this and mainly using it to motivate me to build armies) so I'm going to just start from scratch if that is okay? I didn't make my October commitment (real life) and don't have any 'prize points' yet so I figured I'd just make a new post for the Necrons and remove my post for my Blood Angels. Is this okay?

That way I can get started as soon as I get the Necron Codex :)
I guess that would be fine
VIII Legion, XII Company; Pavor Nocturnus - Blog: Twelfth of Eight

User avatar
Jerre
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:57 pm
Location: Lede, Belgium
Contact:

Re: The Question Thread

Post by Jerre » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:44 am

I just want to check that if we want to paint more models than what's in our current list, we can add them to our sideboard for now and when the time comes for a next list revision, we can swap them and put them in the main list?
2012 HPC: Skyrar's Dark Wolves
2013 HPC: Raven Guard
2014 & 2015 HPC: Chi'quita Dynasty
2015 & 2016 HPC: Death Guard
2016 HPC: Word Bearers

User avatar
Inquisitor Moloko
IC Staff
Posts: 1585
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Newport News, VA
Contact:

The Question Thread

Post by Inquisitor Moloko » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:40 pm

Jerre wrote:I just want to check that if we want to paint more models than what's in our current list, we can add them to our sideboard for now and when the time comes for a next list revision, we can swap them and put them in the main list?
Yup!
Geoff Hummel
Co-Host of The Independent Characters (Retired)

ElfSpeaker
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:41 am

Re: The Question Thread

Post by ElfSpeaker » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:32 am

Hello,

I didn't get in on the beginning of the Hobby Progress Challenge as I was not in a position to start a new army at the time. I am going to be starting a new army shortly (hopefully with the onset of a new HPC). In the meantime, can I enter monthly goals for wrapping up my current projects? I know I could start a 'new army' for the purpose of the challenge and simple fail the overall objective but I feel that's a bit disingenuous.

User avatar
Synister_Intent
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 10:38 am

Re: The Question Thread

Post by Synister_Intent » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:28 pm

Elf said something that made me think, is there another contest like this one in the works? I might want to hold off on building my Dark Eldar for such an occassion. I could just buy and stock pile. =)

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk

User avatar
Strahd
IC Staff
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:07 pm

Re: The Question Thread

Post by Strahd » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:28 pm

ElfSpeaker wrote:Hello,

I didn't get in on the beginning of the Hobby Progress Challenge as I was not in a position to start a new army at the time. I am going to be starting a new army shortly (hopefully with the onset of a new HPC). In the meantime, can I enter monthly goals for wrapping up my current projects? I know I could start a 'new army' for the purpose of the challenge and simple fail the overall objective but I feel that's a bit disingenuous.
Please don't start a thread here for completing your army. But you are more then welcome to start a thread in the "Painting & Modeling" section.

User avatar
Strahd
IC Staff
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:07 pm

Re: The Question Thread

Post by Strahd » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:29 pm

Synister_Intent wrote:Elf said something that made me think, is there another contest like this one in the works? I might want to hold off on building my Dark Eldar for such an occassion. I could just buy and stock pile. =)

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk
There is nothing decided for another hobby progress challenge, but there is discussion about it.

User avatar
YoungAbraham
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:32 am

Re: The Question Thread

Post by YoungAbraham » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:16 am

I was going to ask if you guys were considering running another one of these, because when you started the first one, I didn't think i would ever actually paint an army. I have been making a good-faith effort to get my Orks done though, and I think I would be game to paint my Tau the next time you guys make a hobby challenge. So count this as a vote for another hobby challenge! :lol:

Locked

Return to “The ICs 2012 Hobby Progress Challenge - Closed”