The Question Thread

Rules, Information, and participant threads for the 2012 Hobby Progress Challenge. This Forum is now locked as the 2013 challenge has started.
frankr

Re: The Question Thread

Post by frankr » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:08 am

I have a question about side-board point values for 'replacement' units.

If the side board as a model for swamping out, is the point cost on the sideboard the full cost of the replacement unit, or the points difference?

For example:
If I have a tactical squad with a missile launcher; and in the side board have a tac marine with a heavy bolter is that 0 points because it is replacing a model of the same cost, or 16 points?

-frank

Inquisitor Moloko
IC Staff

The Question Thread

Post by Inquisitor Moloko » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:49 am

In this case, we'll give you the sixteen for painting the Heavy Bolter guy. :)
Geoff Hummel
Co-Host of The Independent Characters (Retired)

frankr

Post by frankr » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:27 pm

Not the answer I was hoping for... I was looking for a way to get more models into the 400 points :D
oh well.

-frank

ServvsUmbrarum

Post by ServvsUmbrarum » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:34 pm

frankr wrote:Not the answer I was hoping for... I was looking for a way to get more models into the 400 points :D
oh well.

-frank
I believe the FAQ states that we can have more than 400 points in our side board...could be wrong though :)

ServvsUmbrarum

Post by ServvsUmbrarum » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:39 pm

Inquisitor Moloko wrote:In this case, we'll give you the sixteen for painting the Heavy Bolter guy. :)
Hate to bother you Moloko any idea on my question regarding the new Necron codex? We are pressed for time being the end of the month. I really would like to focus on this new army and what better way to do it then with the added motivation of the hobby challenge.

cvtuttle
IC Staff

Post by cvtuttle » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:36 pm

ServvsUmbrarum wrote:
frankr wrote:Not the answer I was hoping for... I was looking for a way to get more models into the 400 points :D
oh well.

-frank
I believe the FAQ states that we can have more than 400 points in our side board...could be wrong though :)
Correct. You can ALWAYS paint more.
Carl Tuttle
Host of The Independent Characters

cvtuttle
IC Staff

Post by cvtuttle » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:37 pm

ServvsUmbrarum wrote:How does the new Necron release affect the Hobby Challenge? I'd imagine you'll be allowing people who already are doing Necron to rewrite their list sometime in November. But what about the rest of us who would like to build a Necron list now that it is finally coming out?
I'll answer this - we addressed it on the show as well - You can change your list all the way through November if you are doing Necrons.

We are nothing if not flexible! We will almost always err on the side of being flexible and helpful in you getting your project done!
Carl Tuttle
Host of The Independent Characters

hawkespur
WoW character level: 0

Post by hawkespur » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:27 pm

I'm done with my army. What do I do now? Do I have to make a summary or something? Do I have to show up to Adepticon (I only ask because I don't know if I can make it)?
instagram = @messhallcook

ServvsUmbrarum

Post by ServvsUmbrarum » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:53 pm

cvtuttle wrote:
ServvsUmbrarum wrote:How does the new Necron release affect the Hobby Challenge? I'd imagine you'll be allowing people who already are doing Necron to rewrite their list sometime in November. But what about the rest of us who would like to build a Necron list now that it is finally coming out?
I'll answer this - we addressed it on the show as well - You can change your list all the way through November if you are doing Necrons.

We are nothing if not flexible! We will almost always err on the side of being flexible and helpful in you getting your project done!
But I'm currently building a blood angel army. Am I permitted to use my list change in October to 'switch' to Necrons?

Seregon

Post by Seregon » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:56 am

ServvsUmbrarum wrote:But I'm currently building a blood angel army. Am I permitted to use my list change in October to 'switch' to Necrons?
I believe the answer to this is yes, but you would have to start from scratch. Any monthly goals already completed would still count towards the drawing, but you'd have only about half a year to finish the new 2250 points required for the ultimate goal.
VIII Legion, XII Company; Pavor Nocturnus - Blog: Twelfth of Eight

Return to “The ICs 2012 Hobby Progress Challenge - Closed”