Squat reference in 8th edition rulebook (?)

General Discussion about Warhammer 40k that doesn't fit into any other category.
Bubo

Squat reference in 8th edition rulebook (?)

Post by Bubo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:29 pm

Apologies if this has been picked up already, but does page 279 of the new big rulebook allude to squats *not* being extinct?

It talks about them in the present tense, and the final sentence of the 'abhuman' section seems to imply that they may be present in the galaxy...

Maybe it's the late night and the beers, but anyone else spot this?
Nurglesque

Anubis1028

Re: Squat reference in 8th edition rulebook (?)

Post by Anubis1028 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:54 pm

It was in the 7th edition rulebook as well, alas. Though I can almost 100% believe that the guys at GW took Squat players in mind when they developed and dropped the Kharadron Overlords for AoS. I may or may not have a couple of boxes of them ready to convert for 40k to run as allies with some Sisters of Silence in an alliance I'm calling "Short and Sweet" :lol:

Bubo

Post by Bubo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:07 am

Anubis1028 wrote:It was in the 7th edition rulebook as well, alas. Though I can almost 100% believe that the guys at GW took Squat players in mind when they developed and dropped the Kharadron Overlords for AoS. I may or may not have a couple of boxes of them ready to convert for 40k to run as allies with some Sisters of Silence in an alliance I'm calling "Short and Sweet" :lol:

lol love it!

Popped into a GW store to run the squat reference past a staff member and they were very non-commital either way. Which is progress, of a sort!
Nurglesque

cvtuttle
IC Staff

Post by cvtuttle » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:53 pm

Bubo wrote:Popped into a GW store to run the squat reference past a staff member and they were very non-commital either way. Which is progress, of a sort!

For the record - store staff members, and even managers are RARELY in the loop of anything going on in terms of larger objectives of GW.
Carl Tuttle
Host of The Independent Characters

Anubis1028

Post by Anubis1028 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:51 pm

cvtuttle wrote:
Bubo wrote:Popped into a GW store to run the squat reference past a staff member and they were very non-commital either way. Which is progress, of a sort!

For the record - store staff members, and even managers are RARELY in the loop of anything going on in terms of larger objectives of GW.

This exactly. I was working for GW when 3rd edition Space Hulk dropped, and we knew that *something* was coming but were only wildly speculating what it could be up until we got the word - two days before the public announcement.

ajg6116
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character gender: Male
WoW character level: 100
WoW character guild: Imperium

Post by ajg6116 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:51 am

just curious what would people have the squats count as if they used the cool newer age of sigmar figures?
Space marines? Imperial guard?

Return to “40k General”