Kill Team help!

General Discussion about Warhammer 40k that doesn't fit into any other category.
Inquisitor Moloko
IC Staff

Kill Team help!

Post by Inquisitor Moloko » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:57 am

I've signed up for the 40k 200pt Kill Team event at Adepticon. It's been a good long time since I've played 40k at all, and I've never played Kill Team. I'm trying to come up with a list so that I can at least get in a handful of practice games. I am trying to come up with a list that would be fun, interesting to play, and not get me immediately blown out by whatever cheese I may come across. I am NOT interested in taking the most competitive list in the room.

With all of that being said, does anyone have any recommendations for a list of Salamanders, Eldar, or Dark Eldar? I think my Eldar would be the most interesting to play because they are the biggest variety of painted units, but I don't what to be the guy showing up with Warp Spiders just because they're painted only to find out that they're the most broken thing in KT. :(

Also, this guy wants some help with a similar issue:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8912
Geoff Hummel
Co-Host of The Independent Characters (Retired)

Loopy
IC Staff

Re: Kill Team help!

Post by Loopy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:16 pm

Just take all the jetbikes ever. Good to go. :)

I don't think some Guardians and Warp Spiders would be too bad. You can take Warp Spiders in units of 5, right?

Inquisitor Moloko
IC Staff

Post by Inquisitor Moloko » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:04 pm

I've got a couple lists so far. Warp Spiders/Scorpions work. So do a couple jetbikes, Dire Avengers, and a Vyper. Also, Swooping Hawks look pretty nasty!
Geoff Hummel
Co-Host of The Independent Characters (Retired)

mattyg

Post by mattyg » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:15 pm

my kill team list comes from the FW courairs side of the eldar

its:

3x Cloud dancers - scatter lasers
4x cloud dancers- splinter cannons
All have tanglefield grenades and rage

so far im 6-0 with them
Matt
Kyiv, Ukraine.
40K Armies - SM(White Scars),DeathWatch, Eldar & Imperial Knights
30k - World Eaters & Alpha legion

Painting and Hobby blog:
http://mattdoeshobbyandpainting.blogspot.co.uk/

Gooch181

Post by Gooch181 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:09 pm

Hi, I'm just getting into 40K and building my first army as Raptor Chapter Space Marines. I've signed up for a kill team even starting soon, and it will be my first games. I'm not worried about winning, I just want to play my first games and learn my way around the game. I have the kill team rules, and I'm brainstorming a list.

The event requires vanilla GW chapter tactics, and I'm thinking of going with either Imperial Fists for the bolter rerolls or Iron Hands for feel no pain, which I imagine is desirable in games with small unit counts.
Here's what I have so far; I'd appreciate any input or advice. Thanks!

Tactical Squad (196pts)
-(Dedicated Transport) Rhino
-6x Space Marine w/Boltguns
-Space Marine w/ Missile Launcher(Heavy Weapon)
-Space Marine w/ Flamer(Special Weapon)
-Space Marine Sergeant w/ Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer (10pts), Melta bombs (5pts)

I have other marines available, and a sniper scout squad painted up and ready to go. The rhino can be alternately used as a Razorback with twinlinked lascannons. Let me know what you would tweak!

cvtuttle
IC Staff

Post by cvtuttle » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:31 pm

Maybe I will bring Chelles Warp Spiders since you seem to be balking at it!

:P
Carl Tuttle
Host of The Independent Characters

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:35 pm

Gooch181 wrote:The event requires vanilla GW chapter tactics, and I'm thinking of going with either Imperial Fists for the bolter rerolls or Iron Hands for feel no pain, which I imagine is desirable in games with small unit counts.

If you're doing Raptors, why not give Ravenguard a try and replace the Rhino with some dudes with jump packs? You might actually find it's pretty good against things like Eldar who are very shooty and can whittle you down pretty bad on Turn 1. The Rhino is nice, too though, so if you're taking the list you have here, I'd definitely go with Iron Hands.

Gooch181

Post by Gooch181 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:58 am

Thanks for the advice! I haven't gotten an assault squad yet so I'll just go with what I have for now. I should have some assault marines coming in a few weeks, so I will add them in for a match later on! I've been looking forward to playing my first games for a few months now and I'm getting nervous!

I have read through the rules multiple times and watched plenty of battle reports, but I will be unsure of my comprehension until I have a few matches under my belt. The event is geared towards new players, so I'm taking some solace in that.

Adan
IC Staff

Post by Adan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:41 pm

Did you play Kill Team??
All of my armies and current projects.

[MOD]
Red is my "moderator voice".
[/MOD]

Gooch181

Post by Gooch181 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:48 pm

Yeah, played in a six week tournament and had a load of fun. My tactical squad with rhino did well enough in the first few games, then I started experimenting with vanguard veterans and sniper scouts.

There's talk of a Shadow War Armageddon league starting up, and I have been working on stuff for that. I have an Imperial Guard killteam painted an I'm working on some Alpha Legion marines and cultists.

Return to “40k General”