Tokyo

General Discussion about Warhammer 40k that doesn't fit into any other category.
pablothegreat

Tokyo

Post by pablothegreat » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:26 pm

I'll be visiting Tokyo on the way back from working in China at the end of August. I'm not bringing any models, but if anyone knows a cool game store to visit, please let me know!

IVC Mike

Re: Tokyo

Post by IVC Mike » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:00 am

Check out Wargamers in Japan. They've got a pretty active Facebook page and should be able to point you in the right direction.

pablothegreat

Post by pablothegreat » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:11 pm

IVC Mike wrote:Check out Wargamers in Japan. They've got a pretty active Facebook page and should be able to point you in the right direction.
Thanks!

IVC Mike

Post by IVC Mike » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:42 am

No problem. Happy to help.

Generally, because space is so limited in Tokyo, there aren't a lot of big stores with dedicated play space. I can't say for certain, but my guess is that number is approaching zero.

If you're just looking to check out a local hobby shop to see what the experience is like, try the Yellow Submarine. They have a few locations but I usually went to the one in Shinjuku or Akihabara and my guess is (depending on your interests and why you're going to Japan generally) those won't be too far out of your way.

With the train system, it shouldn't be hard to get there. Just a tip though. If you're going to wander, use Google maps to drop a pin on the location before you head out. Addresses don't really exist so directions is kind of a fluid concept. Trust the pin. There is a lot of signage and picking out the store's from the riot of colors can be tough.

Return to “40k General”