Simple, but Brilliant

General Discussion about Warhammer 40k that doesn't fit into any other category.
frutescent

Simple, but Brilliant

Post by frutescent » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:01 pm

I picked up one of the new Fire Warrior boxes on the weekend and noticed something that was so simple, but so brilliant in the kit. I don't think I've ever seen this before, but GW have cast the kit with letter engraved into each of the arms. The engraving is on the part of the arm that attaches to the torso (so you can't see it at all once you put it together) and consists of a single letter from A to F. The right arm with an A on it matches with the left arm with an A. You can clip everything off the sprue and then now worry about having to match up the parts later. Just find the matching letters.

Has anyone else noticed any other little innovations like this one? Just something simple that impressed you.

Eldarain

Re: Simple, but Brilliant

Post by Eldarain » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:50 pm

Forge World has done this previously on some of their kits. Very helpful. Glad to see GW incorporating it now.
Alan Bligh for 40k Overfiend!

HPC 2016: Bearers of the Word

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8186&p=113518#p113518

SRM

Post by SRM » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:18 am

The Tempestus Scions kits are the same way if I recall - GW's model making has been getting better and better!
Check out my Youtube channel!

Gunzhard

Post by Gunzhard » Tue May 10, 2016 7:13 am

The Tyrannocyte kit has that also, though it is still a difficult model to assemble in my opinion.

Return to “40k General”