Farsight Enclaves and Commander Team Question (7th Ed)

Children of the Greater Good.
TipTop1987

Farsight Enclaves and Commander Team Question (7th Ed)

Post by TipTop1987 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:12 pm

Assuming that the Farsight Enclaves book is still valid (And I see no reason as to why it shouldn't be due to being able to use the old Codex and not needing to buy the new one), I pose the following situation.

The Farsight's Commander Team rule states:
If you choose to take this unit, Commander Farsight does not allow you to take an XV8 Crisis Bodyguard Team as normal; he has the Commander Team instead.
-Farsight Enclaves Supplement; PG 50
However, the Crisis Bodyguard Team unit that was in the 6th Ed book isn't the same in the new 7th Ed book. It has moved to an Elite slot, as similarly done with the Company Command Squad from Codex: Adeptas Astartes, which means that it has no restriction of needing to take a Crisis Commander to take them and there's no restriction on how many of the unit you can take. They also don't keep the same name from the 6th Ed to the 7th Ed Codex (It looses the word 'Team' in the entry).

I pose the following four questions/options based on the above.

1) Would the Commander Team replace every entry of Crisis Bodyguards so you couldn't take any?
2) Would it replace one entry so that if you followed the FOC you could only take two Crisis Bodyguards units?
3) Would you not be able to take the Commander Team at all because there is no longer a Crisis Bodyguard Team?
4) Could you take the Commander Team without any restrictions because the unit it replaces doesn't exist by name any more?

I think that it's a toss up between 3 and 4 (Leaning more towards 4 out of hopefulness) more than the other two, but I figured I should propose them as well because they might be valid. Thoughts?
Winning is optional, fun Is mandatory.

Adan
IC Staff

Re: Farsight Enclaves and Commander Team Question (7th Ed)

Post by Adan » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:28 am

There is a group on FB simply called "Eldar" and they have some deep-thinking rules folks there. You may find a better response there (i.e. any response).
All of my armies and current projects.

[MOD]
Red is my "moderator voice".
[/MOD]

Return to “Tau”