Expanding force

Children of the Greater Good.
Brother Demetrius

Expanding force

Post by Brother Demetrius » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:38 pm

So I have about 5000+ of Tau and have been considering further expanding by adding forgeworld. Now my wife says I can eventually get the Manta lol but that is a very long way off. Right now I'm looking into the Tiger Shark with the Heavy Rail guns. But is it a viable unit in apocalypse?
Make Peace or DIE!!

Grots Life

Re: Expanding force

Post by Grots Life » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:10 pm

What are the rules for the Tau turrets? If they work as anti-infantry and anti-aircraft, those would be a good investment and they look spectacular to boot. You better order the Manta before your wife changes her mind.

Brother Demetrius

Post by Brother Demetrius » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:49 am

The Manta is a special deal between my wife and that won't change. She wants me to buy it but later after some real world stuff. As for the turrets I don't know but those do look awesome. I'd have to look for the rules. I know IA3 2ed has all the updated rules, but another question I had was does it also include updated rules for the Manta and Tiger Sharks as well or would I have to also buy the New IA Apoc book?
Make Peace or DIE!!

Atomic42

Post by Atomic42 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:05 pm

Everything in the FW apoc book is the same as in the IA3 book as far as I can see with one exception. The Orca is 100 points cheaper in the apoc book. IA3 still lists Structure Points rather than hull points but most of us can can manage multiply by 3 ;)

Brother Demetrius

Post by Brother Demetrius » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:54 pm

Atomic42 wrote:Everything in the FW apoc book is the same as in the IA3 book as far as I can see with one exception. The Orca is 100 points cheaper in the apoc book. IA3 still lists Structure Points rather than hull points but most of us can can manage multiply by 3 ;)
Does the Apoc book also include the Barracuda?
Make Peace or DIE!!

Atomic42

Post by Atomic42 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:14 am

No it's in IA3

Return to “Tau”