Creating My Tau Army

Children of the Greater Good.
Jakartor

Re: Creating My Tau Army

Post by Jakartor » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:46 am

Yeah I like the "Teclis" Blue Option you've gone with there, do you intend to do a snow base as well with there light coloured armour??

Have you used the Palid Wyche Flesh before? what are you thinking as your base coat? Rakarth flesh? Wyche flesh Is quite a light colour so lots of layers to be put on especially with the big flat panels of the bigger Tau Models.

cicero

Post by cicero » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:36 am

Good point jak, probably best to work from a white basecoat in this case?
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

MasterCraft

Post by MasterCraft » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:53 am

Jakartor wrote:Yeah I like the "Teclis" Blue Option you've gone with there, do you intend to do a snow base as well with there light coloured armour??

Have you used the Palid Wyche Flesh before? what are you thinking as your base coat? Rakarth flesh? Wyche flesh Is quite a light colour so lots of layers to be put on especially with the big flat panels of the bigger Tau Models.
I usually base coat in black and build up. I have started using an airbrush and intend on building up from there. I think I'm gonna start with Skavenblight Dinge as a base coat and and then the Stormvermin Fur because all the under parts will be this color. Then I will do a mix of 50/50 SF and PWF for the armor. I found a technique of applying a kneaded tack to mask off the areas so I am hoping this will work out. I have some models I'm going to test out first.

As for the bases. I'm not a fan of the snow and will probably go with a standard dirt/rock and grass base. I like the contrast of that with the white. My inspiration for this scheme comes from japanese Gundam. I know Tau casts are more earth tones but I never felt like that fit very well so I kind of combined the Gundam and earth tone.

We'll see how these look. That's why I'm making test models. After all is said and done these could look awful.

MasterCraft

Post by MasterCraft » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:47 pm

My first serious attempt at making a list to begin building my Tau army. This is based on what I have in inventory and what I feel would be fun. The list is followed by a brief explanation of how I plan to use them. I'm looking for constructive criticism on outfitting my suits and tips on how to play them. I don't consider myself a competitive player so I'm not looking to piss off my opponent. I also don't want to lose. lol

1846pts

HQ
Commander
Drone controller, Fusion blaster, Puretide Engram Neurochip, Shield generator, Target lock, XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit 2x Marker Drone

XV8 Crisis Bodyguard Team
Crisis Bodyguard
Bonding Knife Ritual, 2x Fusion blaster, Neuroweb System Jammer, Target lock
2x Marker Drone

Cadre Fireblade
Markerlight, Photon grenades, Pulse rifle

Elites
XV8 Crisis Team
2x Crisis Shas'ui
Bonding Knife Ritual, Advanced targeting system, 2x Plasma rifle
Crisis Shas'vre
Command and Control Node, 2x Plasma rifle
3x Shield Drone

Troops
2x Fire Warrior Team (12)
Bonding Knife Ritual, Fire Warrior Shas'ui (Markerlight and target lock)

2x Kroot Carnivore Squad (12)
Sniper rounds

Fast Attack
Drone Squadron
5x Gun Drone

2x Pathfinder Team (6)
Bonding Knife Ritual, Photon grenades, Grav-inhibitor Drone, Shas'ui
5x Pathfinder Shas'la (55pts)

Heavy Support
2x Hammerhead Gunship
Disruption pod (15pts), Railgun with submunitions (5pts), Twin-linked smart missile system

XV88 Broadside Team
2x Broadside Shas'ui
Bonding Knife Ritual, Early warning override, Twin-linked high-yield missile pod, Twin-linked smart missile system
Broadside Shas'vre
Bonding Knife Ritual, Target lock, Twin-linked heavy rail rifle, Twin-linked plasma rifle
3x Shield Drone

Basically I deploy all my fire warriors central and keep the Kroot to my left and right flank. Ideally creating 2 open areas on the sides of my fire warriors. This is in anticipation of Deep Strikers. I play with someone that always DSs so I want to embrace this with my list. My Broadsides will support my FWs with as they can intercept. Pathfinders are up front lending ML aid. The commander and guard's goal is to DS into enemy deployment, pop any armor or characters while adding more marker light hits with my commanders BS. I feel when the time comes I can always add mor suits to this group. The Crisis team will run in the center or outskirts of the field targeting heavy infantry and targeting key models (with the) ATS. And just incase I am low on MLs the Shas'vre gives them TL. I'm hoping with all the other threats dealing so much damage that these guys will go pretty much unnoticed. The gun drones were just added to round out the points to an even 1850.

Return to “Tau”