eskimojoe37's Khorne Daemon army

Doom given form.
eskimojoe37

eskimojoe37's Khorne Daemon army

Post by eskimojoe37 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:05 pm

(originally posted on the Freebootaz forum on Sept. 16th, thought I posted here also but I guess I didn't, ha)

After tiring of playing my Ultramarines for years now I've decided to get off my ass and paint up my mono-god Chaos Daemons army. My plan is to have 2000 point painted up by this time next year but hopefully it won't take me that long.

So here is my planned list, which may or may not alter as I play test it:

HQ:
Bloodthrister (Warlord) with an Exalted Reward and a Greater Reward
Skulltaker with Juggernaut of Khorne mount

Elite
8 Bloodcrushers of Khorne with a Banner of Blood, an Instrument of Chaos and a Bloodhunter with a Magic Weapon

Troops
3 units of 16 Bloodletters with an Icon of Chaos, an Instrument of Chaos and a Bloodreaper with a Magic Weapon

Fast Attack
2 units of 8 Flesh Hounds of Khorne

Heavy Support
Skull Cannon of Khorne
Soul Grinder with Baleful Torrent, a Warp Sword and of coarse, the Daemon of Khorne upgrade.

It's probably not the most imaginative list but there is only so much you can do with a mono-god list. As I play test it (I have all but 4 of the 40K armies) it's going to be the only thing I play for until I get it painted so I might make a few little tweaks here and there. If I can scrounge up some money I might pick up a few of the Forge World Blood Slaughterers for a nice twist.

Well, if you guys have any suggestions let me know and I'll post some pictures when I have some progress to show.

(Now the update!)

So I've finally got my first 16 strong Bloodletter squad done! It took me a lot longer then I wanted it to and really I have no excuse other then I'm lazy. It really only takes me about 2 or three days of moderate painting to get 4 done but I screw around too much on SWTOR (or whatever game I'm currently wasting my life away on). I'm going to try better going forward. I think I'm going to continue painting up my Bloodletters until I have my required 48 done and after that will cover my list, after that it'll just be a few extras in case I get Summoned from the Warp on my Warp Storm roll or if I continue getting Riftbringer on my Bloodthrister's Exalted Rewards roll (I like that one, especially for him!). I'm kind of pressed for time so I'll cut it short and tell about the games I've had a bit later.

It's not the best picture but here is the pic of my first squad done...

Loopy
IC Staff

Re: eskimojoe37's Khorne Daemon army

Post by Loopy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:09 am

Yeah, the Bloodletters can be surprisingly annoying with all their little knobbies and claws and stuff. But yours came out great and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you come up with. What's next? Bloodthirster?

eskimojoe37

Post by eskimojoe37 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:08 am

Happy Thanksgiving all!

So I got my second 16 strong Bloodletter squad done last weekend in time for a local tournament. I placed 14th out of 14 participants with the only guy that didn't have a single win out of 3 games, ha. While I've had some wins in friendly games with my normal gaming group my list definitely isn't tourney "smash your face/kick your teeth in" strong, which seems to be the meta up here in Fairbanks but out of the three games my first game against Tyranids was brutal but fun and the third against Red Hunter Space Marines (guess they are FW chapter rules, maybe out of Badab) had some great moments. While there were no placing awards, which usually is a battle force box for first place (the TO said that GW pulled support of that), door prizes are almost always great. For $10 for a day of random gaming quality you usually go home with at least a new squad box, sometimes more. This time I got a squad of Space Wolf Grey Hunters and my friend gave me his box of Tau Fire Warriors, both for armies I don't really have except the Stormclaw box set, but I'll get around to them, ha!

Other news the Khorne Daemons front is that I've started painting my third unit of Bloodletters, got another 10 built with another three boxes to go to hit my 128 (8x16) goal, and I got another metal OOP Bloodthrister and another 5 metal OOP current Flesh Hounds off of eBay and my first FW Blood Slaughterer, with the Impaler, came in. Really looking forward to building up and using that last one! I think my next goal will be to get a Finecast Bloodthrister for cheap somewhere so I can Dremel out the wing membranes and use it's axe to make a Skarbrand, about the only non-FW thing I'm missing now.

I'll keep you guys updated.

eskimojoe37

Post by eskimojoe37 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:35 pm

Well after months of knowing I needed to do it I finally sat down today, planned out what I needed and pulled the trigger on some Battlefoam for my Daemons army! Hopefully here soon 26" of foamy goodness will be showing up at my door to save my minis from either sliding around in a box or being stored in sandwich bags, ha. Now I just have to find a way to fit 26" of foam into the 1520 I bought for my Imperial Knights army (2/5th built and so far unpainted) which only holds 21" of foam. Might just have to leave the 5" tray for Bloodletters and Daemon Princes out for now until I can get a 432 to zip on to the 1520, but that'll have to be another day.

Innicas

Post by Innicas » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:19 am

Your list intrigues me, I've always wanted to try Khorne but never got around to it.
Any update on what it's like to play? Are the skull cannon & soulgrinder worth it?

Astroth

Post by Astroth » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:03 am

Looking good! it would be nice to do a mono god army but the codex have so many awesome looking units that i cant see myself leaving the Screamers on the shelf :D

Return to “Daemons”