Mono-Khorne 1500

Doom given form.
Stinger

Re: Mono-Khorne 1500

Post by Stinger » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:31 pm

chrisloomis13 wrote:I would rather go with a DP in the heavy slot than the crushers; plus it's less models to paint.
I do mean to get a DP in there, to switch out with the Bloodthirster or as a Heavy in a bigger list.
Ever consider grouping the hounds together so they all receive the bonus (Hatred) of running with Karanak?
Definitely! Thus the big pack - potentially 60 dice on the charge, with rerolls!
Also, why the instrument on the crushers if they are going to start on the board? Wouldn't it be better to have a 2nd instrument on a Bloodletter unit, so if you miss the first unit with instrument, you have a 2nd chance to get 2 Bloodletter units utilizing an instrument?
Good point. I hadn't actually realized the Instrument does call other units in unless it's also deploying from reserves. No I know!
Were you buying the Exalted reward for a particular artefact? Which?
Yes, the Grimoire of True Names. I realize it can fudge things up but it can also make things awesome (like much of the Daemon stuff).
I find greater rewards more reliable for the most part, unless you wanted a hell forged artefact. Depending on what it is, could the Exalted be on the Herald, allowing the option for a 2nd greater on your Bloodthirster? You would have to finagle your list for the points, but that wouldn't be too difficult.
I'll probably give it a go. I'll be trying a lot of different things once I get this army built!
+++Do not waste your tears. I was not born to watch the world grow dim. Life is not measured in years, but by the deeds of men.+++

You And What Army - An Occasional Blog About Miniatures

chrisloomis13

Post by chrisloomis13 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:52 pm

Nice, the Grimoire is a good one. Saw it ran on a Herald of Khorne on Jugger that was attached to 20 hounds and it just got stuck in and was really hard to remove.

Brninghalo

Post by Brninghalo » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:54 pm

I agree that using the points from the 10 hounds towards a DP is a good move. One thing to consider about demon units is the size of the footprint. If the unit will be DS'ing in, how much space will be needed to place the models when they arrive?

How many bloodletters are in each unit?

Thanks,
Tom

skars

Post by skars » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:01 am

...can't take 8 *grumble* I think I'm going to start paying for 10 models but only field 8 in protest ;)
Who was that masked man?

Stinger

Post by Stinger » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:14 am

Brninghalo wrote:
How many bloodletters are in each unit?
At the moment I'm just thinking 10, but considering units of 16. Trying to decide to go for overwhelming number of units (for example DSing in 3 units of 10 on a target) or a big blob of 20. Multiple units may be the way to go? I get one down, the others come in around it, then one charges in, taking overwatch fire, followed by the others.

Currently building to 1500, and thinking about adding 500-pt blocks of extras - cohorts from other gods, CSM. Also looking at a 2K mono-Khorne list with massive hordes of 'Letters!
+++Do not waste your tears. I was not born to watch the world grow dim. Life is not measured in years, but by the deeds of men.+++

skars

Post by skars » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:37 pm

Yikes, I totally stand corrected. Bloodcrushers with the latest codex are a complete waste of time for gameplay, while still being full of win as "counts as" heralds of khorne to keep the cool models on the table. Le sigh. :cry:
Who was that masked man?

cicero

Post by cicero » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:46 pm

skars wrote:...can't take 8 *grumble* I think I'm going to start paying for 10 models but only field 8 in protest ;)
I actually did that for three games in a row with my word bearers without realizing it! ><
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

Stinger

Post by Stinger » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:50 pm

I took my Daemons out for a spin for the first time last night. We played 1250 points and my opponent had CSM with a Tzeentch Sorcerer.

Don't have time for a full battle report but in short, we had a great time and I won it, 5 - 1 (almost 5 - 4 as I barely managed to contest an objective).

Things I learned and liked:

+ The Bloodthirster is amazing! The entire enemy army fired at him on T2. They managed 3 wounds but he came through and obliterated everything he touched.
+ Deepstriking everything in was fun. I chained my Bloodletters in with Chaos Instruments and saturated the area, so with the high threat stuff ('Thirster, DP, etc) already there, the 'Letters kinda snuck in the back way, so to speak.
+ I can go super-aggressive with this army. It's kinda all or nothing anyway, so I might as well throw caution to the wind. If I get blown off the board, no biggie, we can just reset and go again. Khorne cares not from where the blood flows!

Stinger

Post by Stinger » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:52 pm

skars wrote:Yikes, I totally stand corrected. Bloodcrushers with the latest codex are a complete waste of time for gameplay, while still being full of win as "counts as" heralds of khorne to keep the cool models on the table. Le sigh. :cry:
They worked out for me - ran down and squashed a squad of CSM before they died in a hail of fire.

skars

Post by skars » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:47 pm

The difference being they might have lived in through hail of fire before and probably should have for the points ;)

I love the bloodthirster as well and I am looking at some disgusting DFO options with a "few" of them :) I was thinking 10 flying monstrous creatures would be a lot of fun to field heh.

The other daemon list I am looking at is finally doing my New Kingdon Egyptian themed Tzeentch list with tons of heralds on chariots (or well discs for them heh).

Glad to hear you had fun!
Who was that masked man?

Return to “Daemons”