Kelly does it again!

Doom given form.
Lemenhead

Re: Kelly does it again!

Post by Lemenhead » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:10 pm

Regardless of the neverending discussion about which units are "good" or "bad", this book just feels like Daemons. Crazy stuff SHOULD happen when a Daemonic incursion happens. Fluff wise Daemons should hit really hard but be a bit fragile.

falsevariablex

Post by falsevariablex » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:20 pm

I just finished reading through all of the rules (fluff to follow tonight) and I have to say that overall I'm pretty damn happy. It is a much more balanced book and it FEELS just right. I for one am embracing the change and think it will bring many fun games with some pretty epic moments unfolding.

I have about 3500pts of daemons from the old codex, and am now curious to see how many points that equates to...

skars

Post by skars » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:10 pm

falsevariablex wrote:I just finished reading through all of the rules (fluff to follow tonight) and I have to say that overall I'm pretty damn happy. It is a much more balanced book and it FEELS just right. I for one am embracing the change and think it will bring many fun games with some pretty epic moments unfolding.

I have about 3500pts of daemons from the old codex, and am now curious to see how many points that equates to...
I'm with you there! I like what I see and love all the new options. I am looking at how I will revamp my (rather successful) Khornate Daemon army and I think it will look something like this:

Bloodthirster
3 x Heralds of Khorne on Skullthrones

Karanak & Hounds

1 x 8 Crusher Cav (yay cavalry)

3 x 16 bloodletters

2 x SoulGrinder
1 x DP w/wings mark khorne etc

I may change out the heavy support with different combinations a bit and try to add some crushers for a second squad down the road. I'd also like to give skarbrand another shot with his new stats. The only models I will be buying at the moment are the chariots.
Who was that masked man?

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:54 pm

Every time a new non-imperial codex comes out, I want to start a new army. I would love to do a Khorne army with awesome Tim Curry Daemon Princes and Bloodletters.

skars

Post by skars » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:37 pm

Who was that masked man?

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:23 pm

Yep. That.

Return to “Daemons”