New to Daemons

Doom given form.
ash1986

New to Daemons

Post by ash1986 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:38 pm

I picked Daemons for the following reasons...

1.) they look cool
2.) Even though Grey Knights are everywhere they are still competitive.

I'm doing a Nurgle themed army to play with and am doing a small 500 point force to learn how they play and learning the units by having the following list

Epidemius

9 Plaguebearers of Nurgle
9 Plaguebearers of Nurgle

1 Daemon Prince: Mark of Nurgle, Noxious Touch

Total: 500 points

I chose this list because Epidemius is my favorite character in the Daemon book for rules as the more mistakes the opponent makes (Casualties) the worse the odds are for him.

I feel this small force will give me a fair indication how Nurgle Daemons play before investing into a full 1500 force.

I also had a critique that possibly dropping 4 Plaguebearers and adding wings on the Daemon Prince to add that attacking threat.

Comments, Daemon tips, and useful paint and modelling guides are more than welcome.
Please Visit My Blog: http://40kash1986.blogspot.com/
Comment, subscribe.

MarkDawg

Re: New to Daemons

Post by MarkDawg » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:02 pm

Get Fatewaver its the fumiest model I have ever used when you start turning people in to spawns and they shoot their entire army at him and he saves them all it will have you rolling.
Co Co host of the Overlords podcast I'm the assistant to the assistant manager!

ash1986

Post by ash1986 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:19 am

I did look into that character just for this army I am doing a pure Nurgle list. He does seem hilarious to play.
Comment, subscribe.

narceron

Post by narceron » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:30 am

I'm currently fielding khorne daemons(pure) and they are excellent against grey knights. I have nurglings and plague bearers in my mixed build. One thing to consider about epidemius if you play another nurgle player, and I think even an army like Carl's plague marines, you give bonuses to all nurgle models, which makes the game even funnier.

Personally, I want Tzneetch daemons, now.

MarkDawg

Post by MarkDawg » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:54 am

I recommend mix lists they are really good and they allow you to put the right unit Vs the right unit.
Co Co host of the Overlords podcast I'm the assistant to the assistant manager!

skars

Post by skars » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:06 pm

I think your list is great but I would drop 2 plague bearers per unit giving you the unholy number 7 for each squad. Then you have 60 free points to either buy those wings you were thinking about for your DP, 4 bases of nurglings, a beast of nurgle, or a herald with noxious touch. Next 500 ponts, you beef up the plague bearers, add a slice of Greater Unclean one, and say hello to your little friends known as Soul Grinders :P

good luck and remember no points for icons, you can get a bunch more daemon for your buck elsewhere.
Who was that masked man?

narceron

Post by narceron » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:10 pm

OT, but I think a neat update to the rules would be any squad that is divisible by the sacred number of its patron should count as having an icon for other followers of the same chaos god, just my two cents, as all my squads are 8, :)

ash1986

Post by ash1986 » Thu May 03, 2012 2:55 am

I have ordered the parts. Once they are here I can then start building. If they are not here today I will start on drawing up how I want the wings etc and post in hobby project section.
Comment, subscribe.

skars

Post by skars » Thu May 03, 2012 1:39 pm

narceron wrote:OT, but I think a neat update to the rules would be any squad that is divisible by the sacred number of its patron should count as having an icon for other followers of the same chaos god, just my two cents, as all my squads are 8, :)
That would be nifty, or you could allow daemon troop selections divisible by the sacred number to "combat squad". Like one troop org slot for bloodletters of x16 could deep strike and deploy as if they were two squads of 8.
Who was that masked man?

Bubo

Post by Bubo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Hey,

Glad to hear you're thinking of falling into Papa Nurgle's sweet embrace!

I've been running a pure nurgle daemon army for a while now (although I don't get to play much), but I've found that Epidemius' tally doesn't really work at low points costs as you need lots of kills to get the powers going (if that's why you're taking him). That said he is good value for the points (a similarly kitted out herald with palanquin etc will come out at a similar cost) so it might suit you after all.

Also I second the call for nurglings! I have 24 bases myself and they make a magnificent tar-pit unit as well as being very characterful!
Nurglesque

Return to “Daemons”