Dance to Death

Wielders of Fate. Harlequin forces included here.
deinol

Re: Dance to Death

Post by deinol » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:39 am

Yes, you need to be careful with the solitaire. But luckily, 12" move plus run plus charge is quite mobile. If you can hide him anywhere partway across the field behind LOS blocking terrain, there's a good chance he'll get into combat turn 2. And once he's in combat, he can hopefully stay there.

I've only gotten to play once so far, and that was before the full codex is out. I should be able to get them to the table Monday night for a real game. I need to get a few more bikes before I can run the full detachment though.

I plan to ally in some dark eldar. Having 9+shadowseer in a raider gives a few extra wounds to keep a squad alive for that 2nd close combat.

I'm tempted to try Archon + web way portal + shadowseer + 12 harlequins, but that still leaves one turn of standing in the open. Ok, standing behind the ruins of whatever vehicle I drop within 3" of for fusion blasting.

Incarnet

Post by Incarnet » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:35 am

Let us know how it goes. My fiancée loves the dirty little space clowns ;) so I am interested in tales of real table top experience.

deinol

Post by deinol » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:07 am

Here is the 2k list I am trying out:

Dark Eldar Allies
Archon (Great Harlequin)
Blast Pistol
Huskblade
Web Way Portal

Kabalite Warriors 5

Raider
Dark Lance

Harlequin Formation (Primary, re-roll 1s)
Harlequins 5
Power Sword 1
Kiss 2
Embrace 1
Caress 1
Fusion 1

Harlequins 9
Power Sword 1
Kiss 1
Embrace 1
Caress 2
Fusion 1

Harlequins 12
Power Sword 1
Kiss 2
Embrace 1
Caress 2
Fusion 2

Shadowseer
Level 2

Shadowseer
Level 2
Haywire

Shadowseer

Deathjester

Deathjester

Deathjester

Solitaire
Haywire

Skyweavers 3
Glaive 3

Skyweavers 3
Haywire 3

Starweaver

Starweaver

Voidweaver
Prism

I'll let you know how it goes.

Laughs for the Laughing God!

deinol

Post by deinol » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:59 pm

I didn't quite use that list, because I ended up playing a team game 3.3k points per side.

My ally was Eldar/Dark Eldar. I got to use one of his Raiders instead of my planned one. We fought against Necrons and Dark Angels (I know, but those were the other two players looking for a game). 5 squads of deathwing terminators landed near my guys. My big group of harlies got pinned due to a terrible leadership roll in response to a necron warlord trait. I tried charging the terminators anyway, supported by a wraithknight, but some more terrible rolls later and my 10 man squad was running away and the wraithknight was dead (he soaked up most of the first turn firing).

I will say the star weavers and deathjesters were great. Tons of shuriken cannon shots are nasty. Prism cannon missed its one shot at a predator, then got smashed by thunderhammers.

Solitaire managed to only get one kill against the necron blob he charged, although took no wounds in return.

We only had time for two turns. Close combat with harlequins takes forever, with up to 5 different weapons resolving per round.

I need more embraces. S6 AP2 Hammer of Wrath is amazing. Also more Caresses. Kiss's always seem to miss, because my luck is terrible.

Re-rolling 1s on Invuln saves is amazing, especially when you are using those mirage launchers.

I also completely forgot to use the voidweaver's rear gun the turn it fired. Oh well.

So I had fun, but an all deathwing list was a bad match up. I'm not so worried about the necrons, who would have been tough but possible to beat.

Incarnet

Post by Incarnet » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:54 am

Sorry your first outing was marred by dice. I would have normally thought Deathwing would be a good match-up for Harlies (DW is short range, slow, and vulnerable to being swamped by rending). Was there something the player was doing or just lots of storm shields?

deinol

Post by deinol » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:26 am

Lots of storm shields, plus a medic for feel no pain. All of them teleported in near me turn 1.

Admittedly I should have just moved away and ignored them, but I'd remembered killing termies in CC before and just charged in. Instead I should have turbo boosted my skimmers away and taken on the Necrons.

But you learn by doing, I'll do better next time.

Incarnet

Post by Incarnet » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:09 pm

That would do it. Good luck next time! I appreciate the update :)

deinol

Post by deinol » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:15 pm

Played another game last night. 1850 Harlequins vs Blood Angels.

This time I dropped the Dark Eldar and kept the squads minimum size. Two squads (including my warlord) rode star weavers, the last squad walked (I don't have enough Star Weavers yet). Instead of putting shadowseers with the star weavers, I put deathjesters with them. If I planned an assault, the idea was to have the harlies get out, and leave the DJ in the transport. As it is, I only left the transport when they got shot down.

I had the full Cegoroch (sp?) formation, with minimal sky weavers. One pair had zypherglaives, the other had haywire cannons.

My allied contingent was a spirit seer, five wraithblades, and a wraithlord with two bright lances.

My opponent deployed first, from my left to right he had two combat squads of assault marines, some angel winged guys with a medic, vindicator, devastator squad, rhino with tactical squad. Off board was a drop pod with dreadnought, drop pod with termie librarian (warlord) plus a tactical squad, and a storm raven.

I decided to deploy a denied flank. So from left to right was both star weavers, bikes with glaives, foot squad with two shadowseers, deathjester, solitaire, wraithblades with spirit seer and shadowseer, voidweaver, wraith lord. But my wraithlord was across from his sanguinary guard, in the middle of the table.

He got first turn. I underestimated the range, and the devastators and vindicator killed three wraith blades. first pod lands on the far left and lets a dreadnought out in front of my star weaver. It opens fire, I pop the mirage launchers, and he does nothing. He moves his assault squads closer to me.

I move my foot DJ to shoot at the dreadnought, along with my shuriken cannon bikes. Didn't need the DJ as the two bikes shredded his back armor. One star weaver goes toward each combat squad. Infantry goes toward the sanguinary guard. Wraith blade and haywire bikes move toward the vindicator, wraith blades just hide in some buildings. I shoot all but two in the far left combat squad, and use the DJ's special power to make them flee away (didn't want them to charge in with krak grenades). I shoot the sanguinaries and cut them way down. Solitaire charges them and finishes them off. Meanwhile on the right I manage to get a penetrating hit from a bike, but it only destroys the storm bolter.

His second turn he fails to bring in both the pod and the storm raven, which probably won me the game. His weak squad jumps back to an objective, his full combat squad charges a star weaver and wrecks it. Vindicator takes one wound off the wraith lord. His rhino and tac squad grab the object nearish my side of the board on the right.

My intact star weaver moves to take the objective from the two man combat squad, murdering it with shuriken cannon fire. My DJ and harlie squad, and cannon bikes wipe the other combat squad in shooting, so I don't even need to charge. I move the solitaire along his back field and get ready to charge his devastators. I put another glancing hit on the vindicator. I move the void weaver to hold an objective near the middle. My wraithlord hold an objective in the open, but I made him invisible now that my wraith blades are safely behind buildings.

Now his other stuff comes in. He drops down on the far right and shoots up my intact star weaver. It falls to bolter fire, but doesn't explode or anything. He didn't have any shots left for the guys inside. The storm raven opens up on the void weaver. I use the mirage launchers, and while he does take it down, he doesn't have any shots left for anything else. Vindicator tries to hit my troops, it misses and hits the bikes instead, and then doesn't break the holo field. (Did I mention I was rolling like mad on my invuln saves?)

My turn I finally pop the vindicator with my haywire bikes. I move the other bikes to grab an objective, and the solitiare in position to charge, but he can't because my bikes rocked it and only one guy was left standing and he fled during shooting. My two foot squads on the left surround his librarian and tac squad. Plus two of the DJs. After shooting and melee only his librarian is left, but winning 9 to 2 he breaks and I cut him down.

At this point we call it, because while I can't really touch the storm raven, he's only got a rhino and a tac squad left.

So I gotta say, I love the star weavers + DJ firing platforms. I never used the zypher glaives, so I may save my points on those. Haven't decided how to put together the models, but they seem a little small for magnets. Of course, I really just need to buy ~9 of them or so.

Incarnet

Post by Incarnet » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:17 am

Congratulations on the game and thanks for sharing!

I used 1/16 by 1/16 magnets on Dark Eldar Wyches and had some room to spare so it should be possible if you want to magnetize them.

Evil Space Elves

Post by Evil Space Elves » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:49 am

Laughs for the Laughing God indeed!

Thank you for sharing actual real experience with the space clowns :twisted:
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast http://splintermind.libsyn.com/
2015 HPC Iybraesil Eldar: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8028

Return to “Eldar”