The Dying Race - help w/ list building!

Wielders of Fate. Harlequin forces included here.
snorian

The Dying Race - help w/ list building!

Post by snorian » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:52 pm

So I played a bit back in 3rd and 4th and am now getting back into the game with 7th. To help facilitate this I've been participating in an escalation league. I've played 7 games in the league and a couple outside of it, most of which have resulted in losses. I understand it takes a while to learn the game and the strategy but I'm feeling like I could use a bit of help.
Right now we're at 1500 pts and I've got one more game with my current list, after we'll be escalating another 250 points. Anyway I'm looking for suggestions as to how to play with my current list and what I might be able to change for my 1750 games. Also suggestions of good ways(articles, battle reportd, etc.) to learn the strategy and game would be helpful. Thanks a bunch!

Current list
HQ
Farseer - jetbike
Spiritseer

Troops
-Windrider guardian jet bikes x3 (1 shuriken cannon)
-Wraithguard x5 - waveserpent (scatterlasers, star engines, crystal targeting matrix)

Fast Attack
-Vypers x3 (brightlance, star engines, crystal targeting matrix)
-Crimson Hunter (exarch)
-Swooping Hawks x10 (exarch)

Heavy Support
-Dark Reapers x4 (starshot missiles)

cicero

Re: The Dying Race - help w/ list building!

Post by cicero » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:03 pm

Striking scorpion 82 on YouTube has amazing battle reports. They are more cinematic than tactical but he has some nice eldar ones.
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

snorian

Post by snorian » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:56 am

Thanks Cicero. I've started watching through those and they've definitely given me a few good ideas. They're great videos too!!

fonkin

Post by fonkin » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:00 pm

I think you've got a nice, fluffy list. No wave serpent or wraithknight spam, and Vypers are always a fluffy choice.

My interpretation of the list is to use the jetbikes to redeploy around the board for objective-grabbing; the units are not big enough to effectively push an enemy off of an objective and unless you are playing Unbound, they can not contest.

The d-scythe wraithguard are a solid choice, especially when accompanied by a spiritseer. They are also good at pushing things off an objective. However I would change the CTM to spirit stones or something else to extend the life of your lone wave serpent. Its primary purpose should be to get that scary d-scythe unit where it can do the most damage.

Vypers will be good at blowing up transports but will die in droves to any sort of anti-air guns.

Reapers - I love love LOVE reapers - are great at destroying MEQ but will be a priority target.

Swooping Hawks are also good, but again mostly as a harrassment unit. They will cut down weak bugs and IG all day long but will have trouble against marine-like armies with lots of 3+ saves.

So TL;DR, I'd say you have an excellent harrassment army but you need to protect your workhorses. Objective Secured is your enemy!
"Why are the Eldar a dying race? Because I've been playing them for so long."

Cieged

Post by Cieged » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:54 pm

Looks like you've got a very solid list style doing justice to the Craftworld. I would say suggestions would be catered on what kind of items you perceive yourself as having trouble with in your escalation league, but if you're looking at suggestions upon expanding in general;

Consider giving your Farseer a Mantle of the Laughing God. This will allow him to ride solo with exceptional durability - summoning or causing Psychic Shrieks in the backfield and turbo-boosting away with a giddy laugh is a strong strategy.

Consider bringing in a Dark Eldar Detachment. With one of their HQs equipped with a Web Way Portal, you can Deep Strike your Waveserpent + Wraithguard squad without misshaping. This gives you the perfect distance you need for their stubby 12''/template weaponry and can take out key targets for you. Added benefit - this opens up the door for a Kabalite in a Venom or two!

If you'd like to stay on the subject of Jetbikes, consider expanding with a Warlock council on Jetbikes with a few Singing Spears mixed in. This gives a tremendous punch and a Psychic squad of doom with no equals.

Good luck!

Return to “Eldar”