Fun Chaos Army?

Traitors and Renegades.
destinedjinx

Fun Chaos Army?

Post by destinedjinx » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:25 pm

I have been kicking around an idea about making a chaos army but I really want to do something fun. I was going to use the Mark of Tzeentch on all the units. Also its going to be unbound because I am going to running it in my garage hammer games.

1248 out of 1250pts

HQ
Sorcerer (170pts) - +2 Mastery, Power Armor, Mark of Tzeentch, Veteran of the Long War. Bolt Pistol and Force Sword
Sorcerer (215pts) - +2 Mastery, Terminator Armour, Mark Tzeentch, The Black Mace, Combi-Bolter, Veteran of the Long War, and Aura of Dark Glory
Dark Apostle (120pts) - Power Maul, Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt Pistol

Troops-
Cultists- 20x Cultist, Champion Upgrade, 2x flamer, Mark of Tzeentch
Cultists- 20x Cultist, Champion Upgrade, 2x Heavy Stubber, 18x Autoguns

Heavy-
Chaos Land Raider (245pts) - Daemonic Possession (stock otherwise)
Chaos Land Raider (255pts) - Daemonic Possession and Combi-Weapon (stock otherwise)

I know I am not going to win but I thought it would be a fun army to play and play againist. I was going to put the Term and Dark Apostle in the cultist with no autoguns and just run it forward with reckless abandon. The other group sit back and shoot and use the Land raiders as heavy support.
What do you guys think? Would be something you want to play againist and have fun doing it?

Gigantor

Re: Fun Chaos Army?

Post by Gigantor » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Looks pretty tame to me. It kinda reminds me of the days when you could upgrade a chosen squad to all be Aspiring Sorcerers.
Paint for the Paint God!!
Brushes for his Throne!!
Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint.

Malahat Mike

Post by Malahat Mike » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:19 pm

destinedjinx wrote:
HQ
Sorcerer (215pts) - +2 Mastery, Terminator Armour, Mark Tzeentch, The Black Mace, Combi-Bolter, Veteran of the Long War, and Aura of Dark Glory...
Terminator Armour already confers a 5+ invulnerable save. No need for the Aura of Dark Glory. You could get a Sigil of Corruption for a 4++ (3++ with mark of Tzeentch) but that's a big point jump.

I think echoing Gigantor's comments is that you might find that list performing a bit lackluster as you'll won't have much in the way of damage output. I like cultists but I find them little more then a glorified road bump. Except for my flamer cultist, he's got a lot tyranid notches under his belt. So any consistent damage will only becoming from the two Land Raiders and your HQs. If you're also worried about it, your army won't be Objective secured with three HQs. I'm looking at this mainly as fun from your perspective.

I love the Tzeentch theme and I would definitely encourage some experimentation to find what works for you.

cicero

Post by cicero » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:51 am

Also there is not a need to be unbound, if you take 4x 10 cultists instead of 2x 20 you can have 2 combined arms detachments, or 1 cad and one allied black legion or crimson slaughter. You would also benefit from this because it would give you more flexibility for objective mission. Also you really would profit to put the cultists in the land raiders and use the transport capacity, and if you put the characters in you run the risk of the demon eating them which would suck.

Got any daemon models? It would be nice to have some summoning going on although it would mean losing mot on at least one sorcerer.
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

Return to “Chaos Space Marines”