New Blightkings- Chaos Lords?

Traitors and Renegades.
Gigantor

Re: New Blightkings- Chaos Lords?

Post by Gigantor » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:42 pm

TerraZero20 wrote:Although I'm a Dark Eldar player, I have to admit I've been looking at the new Blightkings and Gutrot and one thing that came to mind was the really narly axe that Gutrot carries. I've always considered using it as a Chaos Sorcerer's force weapon.

That and the standard in the Blightkings would make an exceptionally awesome Icon of Nurgle.
I'm heavily considering magnetizing the bases for mine to that i can have round bases. I doubt anyone will give me grief for using them as termies and a sorc lord.
MasterSlowPoke wrote:They're way too small to be Oblits. They'd be best for Plague Marines/Lords.
I'm reserving judgment on the size until i have some in hand.

But seriously, 11 torsos and 5 heads per box of 5?!?!?! That's what sold me. So many nurgley bits left over. And we all know what Papa Nurgle does with leftovers.
Paint for the Paint God!!
Brushes for his Throne!!
Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint.

notsoevil

Post by notsoevil » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:19 pm

So excited about this kit. And have you seen the other new kit, the Maggot Lords? Soooooooo cool.

Gigantor

Post by Gigantor » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:41 pm

notsoevil wrote:So excited about this kit. And have you seen the other new kit, the Maggot Lords? Soooooooo cool.
I am so chapped that i bought the blightkings and gutrot. Those maggot lords could double as maulerfiends and GUOs!! So much win from GW!
Paint for the Paint God!!
Brushes for his Throne!!
Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint.

notsoevil

Post by notsoevil » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:52 am

Can't bring myself to use them as Maulerfiends since they can't be marked.

But as a GUO? For sure.

I got my hands in the Blightkings and Gutrot last night. Amazing kit.

They're not as large as I was assuming but still great. SO MANY BITS.

Esty

Post by Esty » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:13 am

Yeah, if you swap the heads, the Blight Kings are perfect "true scale" Plague Marines. Looking great mixed-in with my FW Plague Marines. Lots of great Nurgley bits.
Too small for Oblits though.

:geek:

cicero

Post by cicero » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:21 pm

Yeah they look good on a 25mm base, perfect for nurgle heralds basically 5 for the price of not even 2.
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

Sennacherib

Post by Sennacherib » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:00 am

MasterSlowPoke wrote:They're way too small to be Oblits. They'd be best for Plague Marines/Lords.
They come on a 40mm square base. They look like they are going to be beefy enough to roll as spawn, mutilators or oblits. I am going to make them in to minders for my Nurgle Spawn.

Darkmurphy

Post by Darkmurphy » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:56 pm

I keep going back and forth between terminators, plague marines or maybe nurgle chosen. I have only started putting one together but he has a wide stance and maybe should go on a terminator base.

moodymullet

Post by moodymullet » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:52 pm

I LOVE the Blightkings models! I've been chopping them up for my 40k Chaos SM army for a couple of months now.

The Blightkings' bodies are a bit smaller than Oblits but if you just hack up some of those unused bitz box Terminator weapons (fists, assault cannons, heavy flamers) and plasma pistols you can bulk out their size to look pretty similar to the original Oblits.

I also used the spare body bits from the sprues to make Chaos Spawn. I'm pretty happy with their twisted forms (although one uses an old Terminator torso).

HPC 2015: Putrid Nightcrawlers CSM
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8240

HPC 2016: Dark Angels and other Imperial Fascists
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8621

Return to “Chaos Space Marines”