Crimson Slaughter - Who's in?

Traitors and Renegades.
grizzly adams

Crimson Slaughter - Who's in?

Post by grizzly adams » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:00 am

Just wanted to see who was picking this up based on the rumors that are out there. I told myself no, many times, even after I saw possessed as troops. Then I saw the new possessed chart, and thought about possessed moving 12" or having a 3++ could be pretty neat.

What do you guys think this far?

Thebloodychaos

Re: Crimson Slaughter - Who's in?

Post by Thebloodychaos » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:05 am

I think I might be in too... Really liking what I'm hearing.
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!!!!!

chrisloomis13

Post by chrisloomis13 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:15 am

I'm excited. It's not in my cards to run out and grab it first thing, but the desire is there. I'm torn on possessed. The changes sound good, but they've traded a table that makes them hurt more in combat for a table that helps them get there. I'm nervous that they will now have a greater chance to make it to combat, but once there may flounder a bit. For every possessed you can get 2 normal marines, or 6 cultists. I want to like it, but I'm hesitant.

Part of me thinks they may be able to do a really mean list tag teaming w/ Black Legion.

I am interested in the fluff. I run my own DIY warband and am interested in the story behind the Crimson Slaughter.

Fallen

Post by Fallen » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:01 pm

not interested in the slightest...not sure why, but no supplement is going to make me interested...

unless Codex: Slaanesh comes out and I can take MoS marines, demonettes, and slaaneshi traitor guard in the same army (no I am not counting allies) and get some super awesome special rules...

or if it is about $10-15 dollars
Pleasure for the Pleasure God!!!

Noise Marine tryouts are on Tuesdays

Thebloodychaos

Post by Thebloodychaos » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:53 pm

Bought it last night. Its pretty cool. Fluffwise it goes in to pretty good detail on how they fell from being the Crimson Sabres to the Crimson Slaughter. Ruleswise it does some really cool stuff. I am considering running it. It helps that all my Chaos Marines are red.
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!!!!!

cicero

Post by cicero » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:56 am

As an old Word Bearers fan I am super pumped about it. I read through the rules section while my girlfriend was trying on clothes at the mall yesterday. I feel like it represents my idea of the word bearers perfectly, except for that they do not have access to VotLW, but honestly i don't care about losing that since you have to pay for it anyway.

I would rather have a free "chapter tactics" ability than the opportunity to pay extra points for my guys!

Very pleased with this supplement.
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

chrisloomis13

Post by chrisloomis13 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:18 am

i bit the bullet and will have one as soon as I finish the commission on my desk

grizzly adams

Post by grizzly adams » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:23 am

So just picked it up yesterday and read through it, the rules are awesome, love that I can now get a 2+ save on my bike lord! The artifacts are all really good, and my whole army causing fear doesn't hurt either.

The fluff was surprisingly good too, I am a fan. I may have to paint up some Crimson Slaughter now....

Badab Veteran

Post by Badab Veteran » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:54 am

Could see some neat lists/army back stories such as a gal vorbak army

bjoluemblem

Post by bjoluemblem » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:35 pm

I love the new Divination sorcerer. Helps immensely when put in a Havoc or Obliterator squad. And the daemonheart wargear is fantastic on a Khorne Lord on a juggernaut...unless HE TURNS INTO A SPAWN. Not that I'm bitter or anything... :lol:
Ultramarines, Macragge PDF (IG), Space Wolves, Black Legion, Eldar (Iyanden), Dark Eldar, Necrons (new).
"Robert Girlyman can takes his codex coloring book and shove it, but I'll still support him over chaos."
-Local Space Wolves Player

Return to “Chaos Space Marines”