New GK army, hints and tips?

Witchhunters and Daemonhunters. Mankinds last line of defense.
RichH1

New GK army, hints and tips?

Post by RichH1 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:34 pm

Hi all. Been looking to start a GK army with the new army box they have plus a strike squad box that I already have unassembled.
Is this a good start for the army? Does it provide good hitting power? Where's it strong and weak?
Who would you use for a HQ?
I tend to play 1000 point games but occasionally up to 1500
Just really want to get my head round it before I dive in! Oh and I also don't want to do it by allying in other armies.

Any thoughts massively appreciated

jholtmusic

Re: New GK army, hints and tips?

Post by jholtmusic » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:27 pm

I'm in the same boat or at least a similar boat. I'm planning on starting a GK army for next year's HPC and I'm trying to decide how to outfit it.

The nemesis vanguard box has some great stuff in it. The landraider is a great thing to take with high armor on all sides. You'll want to magnetize the weapon options so that you can easily change out to better deal with horde or armor based armies.

One thing that you might want to scratchbuild/kitbash for your list is a comms relay, the ruleset is in the main book so you won't need the stronghold assault book. Because the GK have the ability to deepstrike almost everything, it would be a good idea to have the relay so that there is a higher chance of your army showing up on time. One of my friends runs a deepstriking GK list and has had some problems with his army not showing up in a timely manner.

Also, you might want to pick up, or kitbash, Draigo. Our local meta uses lords of war quite often and he's a good choice. Add a purgation squad with an apothecary to follow Draigo around and he becomes a incredible force to reckon with.
2015 HPC Blood Ravens-Ordo Psykana(GK)/LoTD/Imperial Knight
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8048

2014 HPC Blood Ravens
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=6278

RichH1

Post by RichH1 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:59 am

It's been slow going on this one, mixing progress on it with bits for my Chaos and Tau.

Have done a 5 man Purifier squad with Daemon Hammer and Incinerator
a 5 man interceptor squad with the same
5 man terminator/paladin loadout with close combat focus
vindicare assassin
Unassembled Dread Knight, i'm thinking incinerator and heavy psycannon for loadout, not sure on close combat weapon or whether to leave with 2 power fists

Stuck on what to have as warlord, none of them really fire the imagination, so is a librarian the best all rounder on it?

jholtmusic

Post by jholtmusic » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:31 am

RichH1 wrote:Stuck on what to have as warlord, none of them really fire the imagination, so is a librarian the best all rounder on it?
Yeah, it's a decent choice. Use it as your warlord then bring Draigo and use Draigo to assault everything.

My dreadknight is kitted with the incinerator and psycannon. I left mine with powerfists but I know a few people who outfitted their's with the sword.
2015 HPC Blood Ravens-Ordo Psykana(GK)/LoTD/Imperial Knight
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8048

2014 HPC Blood Ravens
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=6278

RichH1

Post by RichH1 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:36 pm

I'm hoping they come out with something for them in white dwarf, it doesn't feel like there's much depth in the army at the moment, I think this is slowing me down.
Love the models though so just slowly pushing on with it as a side project to my others armies

bentobox722

Post by bentobox722 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:27 pm

Use the Nemesis strike force. Guys start showing up on T1.
I outfit my the power armor guys with incinerators, and terminators with pyscannons.
Nemesis dreadknight has H incinerator, and heavy psy with teleportor.
Interceptors have incinerators, and falchions.
Warlord is Librarian ML3.

The NDK is your heavy hitter and does work, get sanctuary off and he is pretty tough nut to crack, but not impossible to kill.

I would start the terminators on the board with the Libby. And basically walk them forward.

strike squad Deep strikes and tries to flame. and shoot things up.

The interceptors jump around flame and grab objectives and support the NDK.

Return to “The Inquisition”