Culexus Assassin in Close Combat Question

Witchhunters and Daemonhunters. Mankinds last line of defense.
Blunkthefunk

Culexus Assassin in Close Combat Question

Post by Blunkthefunk » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:44 pm

I've never fielded a Culexus assassin but I have downloaded the dataslate and have one on order so I can combat some psycher heavy armies I have come up against lately. But my question is, how does the Culexus assassin work in close combat? The only wargear listed for him is the Animus Speculum (ranged, during psychic phase), an Etherium which only gives BS1/WS1 to whomever is attacking him, and Psyk-out Grenades. There are no close-combat weapons, etc. So when the culexus gets into a close combat what do I base the rolls off of? he has a life drain special rule for melee combat (AS cannot be taken, instant death on wound of a 6, instant death on wound to any psyker). Note that he has 4 base attacks on his profile for melee, so is he just swinging his fists? his is melee him using the warp to slap you? What would be the mechanics? I'm still somewhat new to the game so maybe there is a mechanic that I am not aware of / thinking of. Any input would be helpful, thanks IC community!

cicero

Re: Culexus Assassin in Close Combat Question

Post by cicero » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:08 pm

Pretty sure he just punches you!
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

Loopy
IC Staff

Re: Culexus Assassin in Close Combat Question

Post by Loopy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:30 pm

Indeed. You don't need to have a close combat weapon in order to make attacks. All you need is a number under the "A". One might argue that the mere presence of a Culexus is enough to warrant "attacks" upon an enemy Psyker! :)

Return to “The Inquisition”