Quick and dirty Draigo-wing 1000 pts viable?

Witchhunters and Daemonhunters. Mankinds last line of defense.
Apostle Pat

Quick and dirty Draigo-wing 1000 pts viable?

Post by Apostle Pat » Tue May 28, 2013 12:46 am

Been testing out a variety of lists for casual and tourney play, what are the impressions of the D-wing at 1k?

Total Roster Cost: 994

Troops: Paladin Squad (6#, 590 pts)
1 Lord Kaldor Draigo
1 Paladin, + Psycannon + Halberd
1 Paladin, + Halberd
1 Paladin, + Daemon Hammer

Troops: Paladin Squad (6#, 404 pts)
1 Ordo Malleus Inquisitor in Terminator Armour, + Servo-skulls x3 + Psycannon
1 Paladin, + Halberd

Teddyrj

Re: Quick and dirty Draigo-wing 1000 pts viable?

Post by Teddyrj » Tue May 28, 2013 3:22 am

I'm not a GK player but the idea of a 1000pts drago wing friendly list make me want to gather up my Salamanders and tell them its all going to be ok, I won't let nasty drago get them.

You seem to have 2 HQ in your list, I'd be tempted to drop one and bring in gun line guard or something for bigger games.

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Tue May 28, 2013 4:51 am

Dice will be your enemy with this list. Expect to do ok on average, but to just have terrible rolls against weight of fire in some games.

cicero

Post by cicero » Tue May 28, 2013 5:28 am

I think board size will make a big difference. On a 4x4 you might be ok but any larger and you will find that you have not enough units to do any board control

As it stands what do you do when multiple objectives come up? Even the relic might be hard unless your opponent is slow or you can deep strike onto it.
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

killic

Post by killic » Tue May 28, 2013 8:14 am

You are lacking on troop selection. Small # of models and 2 units can have some very bad match ups.

I would suggesting taking a grand master, 1 squad of paladins and the rest terminators. I'm truly not that scared of 1k worth of paladins/draigo. But 1K of terminators is scary. The reason is at 1K I should have enough to take down 12 models.

Since I've recently played a guy who did this type of thing at 1500 the problem he had was I would out shoot him. He was reluctant to shoot my guys because it made his charges longer and on my turn I did so much more damage.

Apostle Pat

Post by Apostle Pat » Tue May 28, 2013 10:42 pm

Awesome guys, thanks for the feedback!!
cicero wrote:I think board size will make a big difference. On a 4x4 you might be ok but any larger and you will find that you have not enough units to do any board control

As it stands what do you do when multiple objectives come up? Even the relic might be hard unless your opponent is slow or you can deep strike onto it.
I agree, 4x4 would be optimal but I can't deny a player wanting a 4x6. At this points level I'd go for their troops and knock out their scoring options. Part of the reason I took the Inquisitor in termy armor is for the extra Psycannon, but cheap servo-skulls for deep striking. However, large objective games will be a tough.
killic wrote:You are lacking on troop selection. Small # of models and 2 units can have some very bad match ups.

I would suggesting taking a grand master, 1 squad of paladins and the rest terminators. I'm truly not that scared of 1k worth of paladins/draigo. But 1K of terminators is scary. The reason is at 1K I should have enough to take down 12 models.

Since I've recently played a guy who did this type of thing at 1500 the problem he had was I would out shoot him. He was reluctant to shoot my guys because it made his charges longer and on my turn I did so much more damage.
I considered dropping my Inquisitor, which would allow me to buy a solodin and with the remaining 40 points put psy ammo on the two five-man squads. I just think that extra psycannon and servo-skulls are too vital over a solodin. If I go with Terminators I loose 2 psycannons although I could combat squad them... hmmmmmmm.

Return to “The Inquisition”