Dreadknight Loadout

Witchhunters and Daemonhunters. Mankinds last line of defense.
redfox

Re: Dreadknight Loadout

Post by redfox » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:27 pm

It's expensive to do, but I gave mine the psilenser, psycannon, greatsword, and teleporter. My thoughts were to keep him peppering units with 12 shots plus a large blast, the sword to go after harder targets due to all the rerolls and can even smash!

The teleporter turns him into a monstrous jump creature, and lets you teleport him to respond to a well placed enemy deepstrike, get him into better position to support your army, or even a last turn point capture/contest.

It worked out well for me, I'll definitely field him in this manor again.
My eldar are defending this very important Aegis landing platform... because it's pretty, They don't actually want the thing, and it's certainly not why there on this planet... but it's oh so shiny and technologically advanced...

AK-Satchel
WoW character gender: Male

Post by AK-Satchel » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:44 pm

Sorry it took me so long to get pics uploaded. I recently pulled out all of my gaming stuff for insurance pics and finally took out my Dreadknights. FYI, they aren't finished yet, still have a lot of detail and weathering work to do.

Here is how I magnetized them, I didn't have to use magnets on the heavy weapons because they just click on.

I put a larger set at the waist for storage and I can rotate him for posing on the table.

The support arm - 1/8" n52 used, I didn't glue the larger support arm (the one attached to the shoulder) so it can rotate as well.

and here is the weapons - same for the fist, hammer, and sword

Also, here are some other pics of magnetized termies and purifiers. I chose loadouts and built my first 15 termies with no magnets. For this set, I wanted to be able to modify them a bit as their own squad or to swap out with the others if I wanted to change up heavy weapon choices. I also wanted to be able to field at least 5 with falchions. We get enough shoulderpads in each box to make the extra sets for the heavy weapons arm.

heavy weapon arm:

arm swapped (note, I see now that the heraldry shield doesn't match in the pics, that's because I made two termies like this and I grabbed the other one's arm by mistake). I drilled a hole in the left fist so I could insert the falchion you see behind him

dual falchions:

back to halberd - I also have a banner and sword magnetized:

For this strike squad, I wanted the option to switch between flamers and psycannons so I could have a purgation squad or a purifier squad; to distinguish a purifier squad from the rest of my knights, I drilled holes in the helmets to accept a clipped brad (small nail) so I could just pull the helmets for white ones.

I wouldn't recommend folks take the time to magnetize every squad, but if you have 3 or more strike squads or terminator squads for example, you can get a lot of utility out of magnetizing one of them instead of buying another box. It doesn't take long to do and the extra bits can be painted quickly.

MasterCraft

Post by MasterCraft » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Thanks Satch and nice paint job too. One question. I know you said the magnet for the hand was 1/8 n52 but I'm having trouble finding that. What is the width and depth of the magnet. I assume the depth was 1/8 but not sure. Please clarify.

Im probably gonna just magnetize the hands and use one weapon... most likely the incinerator. Thoughts?

Thanks again.

AK-Satchel
WoW character gender: Male

Post by AK-Satchel » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:52 pm

they are 1/8" diameter and 1/8" deep; the magnets I used on the strike squad and terminators were 1/8" diamater and 1/16" deep (n32); the magnets on the waist of the dreadknight was bigger, I want to say it was 3/16" diameter, 1/8" deep - it was the same size as the socket.

I think magnetizing the hands for cc weapon swap is great; it's easy to do and it's nice to have the options. The incinerator/psycannon/psylencer heavy weapon can easily clip on and off without the need for magents on them, you just have to magnetize the shoulder support arm (sorry I didn't get a clearer picture of that - but's it's easy to don on each side.

Thanks for the comment on the paint job - but I consider it only 50% done. Still have to finish painting the iconography, power weapons, highlight, and the base!

Return to “The Inquisition”