Advice: Grey Knights vs Tyranids 1000pts

Witchhunters and Daemonhunters. Mankinds last line of defense.
narceron

Re: Advice: Grey Knights vs Tyranids 1000pts

Post by narceron » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:25 am

Speaking of nemesis, any chance you can squeeze that banner into your main squad of attackers? I saw a tyranid player cry at the last big tourney here(Battle for Stone's River) when the "Shadow of the Warp" rules was bypassed, :)

MasterCraft

Post by MasterCraft » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:00 pm

You shouldn't have had any problem with the Tyrant, you needed to only wound him once and then activate your nemesis force weapons as he has no invulnerable save.
Yeah, I was ganged up by warriors with bone swords in that fight. Not to mention passing leadership with 3 dice didn't offer me the chance to use the Force. I will not let this get the better of me next time.
Speaking of nemesis, any chance you can squeeze that banner into your main squad of attackers? I saw a tyranid player cry at the last big tourney here(Battle for Stone's River) when the "Shadow of the Warp" rules was bypassed
Good call.

MasterCraft

Post by MasterCraft » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:21 am

I've been thinking now and I have a dilemma that I hope you all can help me with. So in addition to the list I previously posted, I also have:

Purgation Squad (5) - 4 psycannons
Purifiers (5) - 4 Hammers, 1 warding stave
Landraider Redeemer

Currently, i also have another box of terminators that I am not exactly sure what to do with. Narceron made a great point about the banner and that got me thinking. Originally I wanted to create a third squad of terminators with halberds but now I'm thinking multiple ways using this box. Here are the options I came up with.

• Go for a more rounded out terminator squad, banner, hammer, psycannon, etc.
• Rounded out Paladin Squad with banner, hammer, narthecium, psycannon etc.
• Or just 3 Paladins (tricked out) and 2 regular terminators (banner, hammer) to switch out in the other squads.

Here is my dilemma. I've created my army so far where every squad has their own purpose and I don't know that I like the idea of kitting each terminator out differently. I'm looking for thoughts, suggestions and help determining what to do with this box of terminators.

Thanks

iBambam

Post by iBambam » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:09 am

I highly, highly suggest in each of your terminator squads to have a Master Crafted Daemon Hammer. This allows you to almost always hit with strength 8 or 10. I also have at least one Psycannon in my terminator/paladin squads. It gives them much more versatility, while the Halberds are great, remember that you can have both a psycannon and a halberd on the same model.

MasterCraft

Post by MasterCraft » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Thanks Bam. I'm thinking I'll forget the paladin squad and just go with a standard terminator squad with 3 Halberds, a psycannon, 1 MC Hammer (justicar) and a banner.

iBambam

Post by iBambam » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:19 am

While the Brah Banner is great, I find that it really only helps in squads of ten. It's personal preference really, but I'd rather have another force weapon in a 5 man squad, sure they'll all get more attacks, but like I said, it's just personal preference. Let me know how it does in a 5 man squad.

MasterCraft

Post by MasterCraft » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:46 am

While the Brah Banner is great, I find that it really only helps in squads of ten. It's personal preference really, but I'd rather have another force weapon in a 5 man squad, sure they'll all get more attacks, but like I said, it's just personal preference. Let me know how it does in a 5 man squad.
That's just what I'm gonna paint this box of terminator. I still have another 10 terminators with halberds already done. Total 15

Dogberry1982

Post by Dogberry1982 » Fri May 11, 2012 6:27 pm

A librarian could be really helpful.
The grey knight librarians have so many awesome force multiplier abilities that it seems like they would be a solid HQ option.
Quicksilver (or whatever it's called) comes to mind, plus he can cast hammer hand or might of Titan and your terminators can still use thief force weapons.
OR, if you don't need the initiative bonus, he can cast BOTH hammer hand and might of Titan and you've got S6 attacks that can still be activated to instant death the enemy.

I realize that may not work if you are rolling on 3 dice, but it is still a really cool option.
Throw in a bro banner and you will really make some MC's cry :)

Dogberry

Return to “The Inquisition”