Knights w/Ultramarines?

The Adeptus Astartes - Saviours of Mankind.
Biodon13

Knights w/Ultramarines?

Post by Biodon13 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:54 am

Thinking I want to build a Knights list. Bought a knight last week...entirely motivated by the Knight stuff in Vengeful Spirit...

I'm thinking:

Knights

Errant (warlord)
Paladin
Errant

Marines (Ultramarines chapter tactics)

Captain w/power weapon, plasma pistol, meltabomb

2 x 9 man tac squad w/flamer

9 man assault squad w/sgt plasma pistol, 2 flamers
drop pod

5 man devastator squad w/2 heavy bolters, 2 flakk missiles

1849 points total

My only concern is objective taking...should I drop a couple of the assault marines and make the tac squads full strength so I can combat squad them? Should I drop the devastators all together in favor of a tank of some kind? Or should I consider allying AM instead for anti-air? Lot of choices to be made...

Comments? Questions? Criticisms?
Biodon13

"Our only fear is that our enemy will not attack at night, for if they do they will certainly be defeated." Sun Tzu

Check out my HPC photos at https://plus.google.com/photos/11757494 ... banner=pwa

cicero

Re: Knights w/Ultramarines?

Post by cicero » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:35 am

Glad to hear you have got into knights... They are incredible models you will have a blast hobbying and playing it.

I think you should definitely get 10 men in the TAC squads, combat squads can be extremely advantageous.

The space marine captain is a tricky HQ to build around. They can kick some butt, but they need something tough and killy like terminators to back them up. Consider a chaplain to do the same job, he is cheaper, still has 4++, free power weapon, makes the squad fearless and reroll to hit in first turn of combat.
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

Biodon13

Re: Knights w/Ultramarines?

Post by Biodon13 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:24 am

Good thought. I like chaplains too. Just have to buy one...
Biodon13

"Our only fear is that our enemy will not attack at night, for if they do they will certainly be defeated." Sun Tzu

Check out my HPC photos at https://plus.google.com/photos/11757494 ... banner=pwa

Return to “Space Marines”