Battle Company on the table.

The Adeptus Astartes - Saviours of Mankind.
jholtmusic

Re: Battle Company on the table.

Post by jholtmusic » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:59 am

My only issue with a generic librarian is that they can be incredibly fragile in assault due to their initiative, toughness, lack of eternal warrior, and lack of an invul save unless they are in terminator armor/or equipped with a chapter relic. I used to run multi librarian HQs and they were great in psychic phase but if they got into assault, they came off the table fairly quickly.

The Thunderfire cannon is a lot of fun to play with, especially against horde armies and would be great for representing your tech marine.
2015 HPC Blood Ravens-Ordo Psykana(GK)/LoTD/Imperial Knight
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8048

2014 HPC Blood Ravens
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=6278

Brother Demetrius

Post by Brother Demetrius » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:32 pm

As Gigantor has stated, a command squad is a very good force multiplier and can help buff any of the three standard HQs: Captain, Chaplain, or Librarian. And they can be kitted out for just about anything from spamming of grav, to everyone having storm shields. Just keep in mind that they get expensive fast.
And don't forget dreadnought's. Sure hull points hurts them but if put in the right spot man can they do work, multi-melta dreads in drop pods.
Make Peace or DIE!!

Adan
IC Staff

Post by Adan » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:57 pm

Remember folks, he wants 6 Tac, 2 Assaults and 2 Dev squads on the table so that it's a "company"....

... but having 5-man Tac Squads still fills the spirit of the company and allow for things like a Dread or a Command Squad or a TFC... ;)
All of my armies and current projects.

[MOD]
Red is my "moderator voice".
[/MOD]

jholtmusic

Post by jholtmusic » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:41 pm

Adan wrote:Remember folks, he wants 6 Tac, 2 Assaults and 2 Dev squads on the table so that it's a "company"....

... but having 5-man Tac Squads still fills the spirit of the company and allow for things like a Dread or a Command Squad or a TFC... ;)

To expand upon this, a battle company will rarely be at full strength. If you want to run a fluffy list then you *could* have each of the tac squads be at less than full strength so that the points for a command squad/dread/etc are available. I do recommend keeping the dev squads at full capacity just because the fewer leadership tests that a plasma cannon has to take, the better!
2015 HPC Blood Ravens-Ordo Psykana(GK)/LoTD/Imperial Knight
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8048

2014 HPC Blood Ravens
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=6278

Biodon13

Post by Biodon13 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:40 am

So, I'm negotiating with a guy on ebay...whole battle company of rogue trader beakies....is that cool or silly? would mean mostly rocket launchers...and flamers..

what do you guys think?
Biodon13

"Our only fear is that our enemy will not attack at night, for if they do they will certainly be defeated." Sun Tzu

Check out my HPC photos at https://plus.google.com/photos/11757494 ... banner=pwa

Grots Life

Post by Grots Life » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:48 am

If you get them and decide you don't like them, let me know.

Biodon13

Post by Biodon13 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:14 am

Got em. Be a few weeks before they arrive, but I am very stoked.

@Grots Life...I will keep you posted, but I am a huge fan of these guys...there were a lot of em around when I started playing.

Back to the battle company...how effective are flakk missiles against fliers?
Biodon13

"Our only fear is that our enemy will not attack at night, for if they do they will certainly be defeated." Sun Tzu

Check out my HPC photos at https://plus.google.com/photos/11757494 ... banner=pwa

Gigantor

Post by Gigantor » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:41 am

Biodon13 wrote:Got em. Be a few weeks before they arrive, but I am very stoked.

@Grots Life...I will keep you posted, but I am a huge fan of these guys...there were a lot of em around when I started playing.

Back to the battle company...how effective are flakk missiles against fliers?
For the points, they're fairly ineffective. That being said, I ran a 10man devastator squad with 4 missile launcher with flakk missiles AND an Aegis line with quad gun. I used the sergeants rule to boost one of the bolter dudes manning the quad gun to have BS5. 8 S7 skyfire shots definitely keep flyers on their toes.

Also, gratz on the battle company of beakies. Now you can track down the 25th anniversary captain to lead them.
Paint for the Paint God!!
Brushes for his Throne!!
Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint.

Adan
IC Staff

Post by Adan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:26 pm

Gigantor wrote:Now you can track down the 25th anniversary captain to lead them.
I wish I had bought more than one of that model... ;)
All of my armies and current projects.

[MOD]
Red is my "moderator voice".
[/MOD]

Biodon13

Post by Biodon13 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:09 am

Good call. Picked one up last night. Will be a good, over war geared leader. ;)
Biodon13

Return to “Space Marines”