Crusade for Roannoke planets/terrain/boards

Everything to do with Tabletop Terrain.
Blunkthefunk

Crusade for Roannoke planets/terrain/boards

Post by Blunkthefunk » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:08 am

Hey everyone, just thought I would share some of the terrain/boards that I made for the escalation league/campaign we just finished up here in Utah. Let me know what you think!

Hornblower

Re: Crusade for Roannoke planets/terrain/boards

Post by Hornblower » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:39 pm

Great looking tables. They'd be fun to play on.

magic number

Post by magic number » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:21 pm

one of the areas of the game I also like to get involved is terrain making.
those look great, the third player is alive with you, well done keep them coming.

I do love making terrain to so if you would like to take a look here is the blog where I post the building and finished

http://firewaterportal.blogspot.com.au/

a couple of question the first two are thy GW battle boards and the lava one is the just two foot pieces of foam caved or is it a pre made set.

thanks

SRM

Post by SRM » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:06 am

Those are some beautiful tables. I've never been a huge fan of lava boards since the terrain is always kinda sparse or lacking in area terrain, but that jungle board is one I'm envious of.
Check out my Youtube channel!

Inquisitor Valeria

Post by Inquisitor Valeria » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:49 pm

Nice work! I particularly like how the larger pieces of terrain on the lava board also have lava on them so they can interact with the flows built into the board if you want.
Survival is no birthright, but a prize wrested from an uncaring galaxy by forgotten heroes. Study the alien, the better to kill it.
HPC 2015: Chortoicetes ......... HPC 2013: Cotton Candy Kabal

blockade23

Post by blockade23 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:14 pm

Nice! Is the planet Roanake named after the lost colony? (if so, awesomely cool random historical connection fact). If not, that's still cool. Beautiful lava board - do you treat the lava as dangerous terrain I'd hope?
HPC-2016

Wisdom Hunters Warband & Renegades!
4th Arcadian IG
Crimson Consuls SM
Deathwatch Haltmoat Force Quartus

Record 2017 - 11/8/2
Acquired 2017:11 Painted: 108
Last Acquired: Cultists
Last Painted: Skeletons
WIP: Scenery (I Have a problem(?)

40J

Post by 40J » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:58 pm

Love the ice board. The jutting ice shards especially.

Have you ever tried making an arch?

This would be cool:

Just looking for hints!

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:41 pm

Unreal! I really want to do an overgrown terrain board of some kind. That one is my favorite.

cicero

Post by cicero » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:44 pm

SRM wrote:Those are some beautiful tables. I've never been a huge fan of lava boards since the terrain is always kinda sparse or lacking in area terrain, but that jungle board is one I'm envious of.
I agree with the jungle being the best!

SRM- you know you want to play some Armageddon ork hunter scenarios...
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

Blunkthefunk

Post by Blunkthefunk » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:18 am

Thank you for the feedback everyone! If you want to check our more from our escalation league / campaign you can check out our page at https://crusadeforroannoke.wordpress.com

We ended the campaign with a huge 22 person Apoc game over two tables which had objectives that affected each other's tables. We worked hard to forge the narrative and tell a story, we heavily encouraged our members to do battle reports and gave fluff awards which turned out to really add to the story.

Magic number – Awesome blog, thanks for sharing. The lava board is 2x2 mdf with 2” foam on top, it actually isnt completely done, but I had to deliver it for the campaign. I still need to dry brush it (so its not so black), and do some gap filling.

SRM – Thanks, I agree, I always find LOS blocking super fun and wanted the lava table to feel like the planet had started to explode.

Inquisitor Valeria – Thanks! That is what I was kind of going for.

Blockade23 – Actually for our campaign, the System was called Roannoke (and it was stolen from the lost colony) because in our story the system had been lost until recently when chaos allowed the viel to be removed (for nefarious reasons) and the Imperium, Eldar, and Tau flocked there due to its high resources and strategic location. Each planet within the system was also named after a lost civilization in history. Miya, Angkor, Indus, Gobekli, etc. So it was kind of a theme/easter eggs.

40j – I though of doing an Arch, I did some for our desert planet (which I dont have many pics of) and made it kind of utah arch/canyon themed (where I am from). But one on the Ice board would be sweeeet.

Loopy – Thanks! The jungle one took the most time only next to the lava board. It has fun to make, all I did was cut up many different fake plants, I wanted it to be dense jungle feel.

Cicero - Thanks!

Return to “Tabletop Terrain”