Cicero - Terrain Log - Realm of Tim 3 - Fields of Aeos

Everything to do with Tabletop Terrain.
elaps

Re: Cicero - Terrain Log - Cities of Death Mini-Batrep

Post by elaps » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:46 am

Love the building, got me inspired to make some more terrain! Maybe I will even paint it this time :P
Chaos: 6000pts
Death Korps of Krieg: 2500pts

HPC 2015 thread, PAINT ALL THE THINGS!
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8057

Crazy_Irish

Post by Crazy_Irish » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:29 am

Wow, that table looks awesome! An imperial city is the best setting for a40k game and a nice game recap! It seemed to have been a fun game. I must look into those city of death rules...

cicero

Post by cicero » Sun May 10, 2015 1:48 pm

Hey guys.

Made a test tile for a new board. Fairly happy with the results/colours, though maybe it came out a bit too mottled in places.

The desert board is meant to represent the world of Iconia VII, an imperial stronghold world in the nebulous and wild Iconia Cluster. Hopefully over the next month or so I will get the board done and a few pieces of desert specific terrain, and maybe a few imperial fortifications.

My tau match perfectly :)
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

Gigantor

Re: Cicero - Terrain Log - Realm of Tim 2 - Iconia VII

Post by Gigantor » Sun May 10, 2015 5:31 pm

That new board looks awesome! are the hatches just painted on?
Paint for the Paint God!!
Brushes for his Throne!!
Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint.

cicero

Post by cicero » Sun May 10, 2015 5:49 pm

Thanks buddy I am pumped to make more tiles :) hopefully it goes as painlessly as the last one.

The hatches will represent deathstrike missile silos and are just thin plasticard cut into circles and then scored and broken along the castellated edges.

Andy - bG

Post by Andy - bG » Tue May 12, 2015 11:42 am

Really nice looking, the silo's are a really nice touch, and from what you describe, very simple to do. Its a little difficult to tell in the images but what have you used for texture on there, it looks nice and gentle, more appropriate for the scale of 40K, and have you built up the dirt around the edges of the silo's, it looks really nice?
I also blog about my hobby time here: http://iron-legion.blogspot.co.uk/

Failed HPC'14, Hive Fleet Klendathu: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=6240

cicero

Post by cicero » Tue May 12, 2015 6:30 pm

Andy - bG wrote:Really nice looking, the silo's are a really nice touch, and from what you describe, very simple to do. Its a little difficult to tell in the images but what have you used for texture on there, it looks nice and gentle, more appropriate for the scale of 40K, and have you built up the dirt around the edges of the silo's, it looks really nice?
Cheers Andy. I have used Golden Artist Colors crackle medium from Michaels for the cracked earth areas. I've gone around that with some texture spray paint from my local building centre. The brown around the silos is built up with weathering powder. Mostly I did that to cover up some dodgy filler I had used to smooth the blend, but the effect is nice and I will continue it on the second tile.

Now that I know it actually works I will include more WIPs of the process.

Here's a second silo tile, probably one do two of those, with the crackle medium smeared on. Looking like 2 day drying time for this, so more updates probably by the weekend.

Two more tiles with crackle and texture spray drying in the basement, so the 4x4 is on its way!

Andy - bG

Post by Andy - bG » Tue May 12, 2015 11:23 pm

Thanks very much, its a brilliant effect, and going to make an amazing table to play over. Awesome
I also blog about my hobby time here: http://iron-legion.blogspot.co.uk/

Failed HPC'14, Hive Fleet Klendathu: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=6240

Prodigalson

Post by Prodigalson » Wed May 13, 2015 7:41 am

Just found this threat Cicero and I love all of it. Did you completely finish the basilica? I would love to see final photos. Love the urban terrain. I haven't built terrain in a few years as I loved into a small apartment about two years ago, but you have some beautiful work here in case I ever expand into a larger space again (one day... just not today!). Please continue, loving seeing the work you have here!

cicero

Post by cicero » Wed May 13, 2015 7:58 am

Prodigalson wrote:Just found this threat Cicero and I love all of it. Did you completely finish the basilica? I would love to see final photos. Love the urban terrain. I haven't built terrain in a few years as I loved into a small apartment about two years ago, but you have some beautiful work here in case I ever expand into a larger space again (one day... just not today!). Please continue, loving seeing the work you have here!
Thanks mate. You can see some action shots of the basilica in the apocalypse battle report in Las year's hobby progress thread. :)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7119&start=110

Return to “Tabletop Terrain”